Monday, October 17, 2011

Bitten By The Bug2 Hello Kitty Halloween challenge

I"m very happy to be posting for the first time from our winter campground in Florida.  After traveling for the last month and a half we've finally made it to Florida.  We got tired of so much travel and cut out a portion of the trip that was going to take us to Alabama.  We decided we'll hit it on the way back north in the spring.  The warmth and sunshine are fantastic.  In fact, it's a little too hot.  We evidently arrived a few weeks too early for a "snowbird".  It's our first time and we didn't know that it would still be so hot.  Next year we'll plan on arriving in November.  Another week and another new challenge at BBTB2.  Another week and another cartridge I don't have.  Darn!  Well as with all the challenges at BBTB2, if you don't have a cartridge you can substitute with a cartridge you do have.  No Hello Kitty cartridge in my library but I used a cat on my card from the Cricut Lite Meow cartridge.  This is another cartridge that I picked up at a Walmart store clearanced to $10.  That was an exciting day for me.  LOL 

Our design team sister, Theresa, asked for the Halloween Kitty from the Hello Kitty cartridge.  So I made my kitty look Halloweenish with a witch hat from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  My papers are from  Pink Paislee and DCWV.  This little kitty witch has some colorful socks, don't you think?

I thought I'd share a couple photos we've taken since arriving in Lakeland, Florida.  There are signs here by all the ponds that say no swimming and watch your pets because there are alligators. 
Well they weren't kidding. We saw the biggest alligator our first day here. It was bigger than my husband. Believe me, I won't be walking by any of the ponds with my dog. That thing was big enough to eat me, no less my dog. LOL
Every morning these Sandhill Cranes (I think that's what they are) are across the road from our camper eating.  Yesterday my husband took our dog out for his morning walk and Trueman evidently scared them when he barked at them.  They started hopping up in the air, flapping their wings and screeching.  It was hilarious.  These birds are as tall as I am.  Granted I'm short, not quite five feet, but they looked me right in the eye when I walked by them.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I thank you for the sweet comments you leave.  I appreciate them so much.  I hope you'll stop by the rest of the design team's blogs and see their creations and join us this week in our kitty challange.

12 comments:

Luanne said...

super cute! love it.

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

JERI

I AM SO JEALOUS, I want to be where you are, I have been to Lakeland before, I lived not to far from there many moons ago, I am Hoping to go to my brothers this year after christmas, he lives in Venice, anyway your card is darling, I love his little hat and socks....

HUGS
penny

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute Kitty! Great papers! TFS your photos!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOVE your kitty card, that is just too Adorable :-)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh so ADORABLE! You know, I begged for an all cat cart and I was so disappointed in Meow. However, after seeing your card I'm definitely in love! Super, super cute! Yikes, that alligator is HUGE! Enjoy you FLA stay. xxD

Susan Edwards said...

Cute, cute Kitty card - love hanging the cat out with the socks. So adorable. And man - stay clear of those gators! Yikes!
xx Susan

Maria said...

I love the kitty you used! Glad you made is safe to Florida but please be careful around those gators!!! :)

A Little Time said...

Oh, this Cricut Lite cart...I was wondering where this kitty came from. He is sooo cute!! Well, the good news is that I don't have to buy it because I already own it. I guess I better dig it out and start using it. This is sooooo cute, Jeri!!

GiuliaG. said...

love your card....your kitty is adorable

shelly said...

hi jeri :)
ive borrowed this cart from a friend of mine and am having a hard time giving it back ;) love your witch kittys colorful socks ;) this is just really cute :) geesh watch out for those gators! thats too comical about the birds im sure it was one super funny moment! hugs my friend

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Jeri I love your story and your photos are great, isn't it neat to see things that you don't always get to see, how exciting! Love your Cute little kitty too, what a great "Cute" Halloween card I love it! Have fun on your adventures and I hope you post more pics for us to see where your going (and been) I love seeing them!
((Hugs)) Theresa
(sorry I'm so late leaving comments, busy week!)

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

That is such a cute cat! Love the story too! Thanks for the DT inspiration. Had fun with this challenge! x