Monday, October 24, 2011

Bitten By The Bug 2 Happy Hauntings Witch

For this week's BBTB2 challenge our talented Design Team Sister Susan asked us to use the witch from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  I made a quick and easy card this week because I'm busy getting to know our new area of Lakeland, FL.  We have spent a lot of time wandering around trying to find things.  Does anyone know how annoying it is to try and find products in new grocery stores all the time?  I've lost track of how many different grocery stores we've been in since leaving Michigan on Sept. 7th.  I swear it takes me forever to find things when I don't know the layout of the store.  I was looking for a jar of jam.  I've never been in a store that put their jams and jellies by the bread, but now I have.  LOL   The bad thing is I picked up a loaf of bread from that aisle and never saw the jelly. 

Anyway, I digress, sorry.  I used the new My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad that I found at a scrapbook store in Virginia Beach.  I was very excited to see all the 6x6 paper pads they had in stock there.  They have become a staple in my limited storage space in the RV.  My base card is black cardstock topped with a background of banner paper from my paper stack.  Then I printed two mini bingo cards that had the headings of SCARY and WITCH from The Cutting Cafe's Halloween Bingo Card printable stamp set and matted them with black cardstock.  I cut my witch from black cardstock at 2.75".  That's all there was to it.  I didn't add any embellishments wanting the images to stand on their own.  I hope you can join our challenge this week.  If you don't have the Happy Hauntings cartridge you can use a witch from any other Cricut cartridge.  But remember, it must be a new creation that you post.

7 comments:

Jayne said...

Hi Jeri,it must be exciting and yet frustrating at times traveling!Hope the excitement outweighs the frustration.I love your card.The witch really stands out.
Hugs
Jayne x

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri I love your card this week. Your paper choices and colors are great and I love the bingo cards (from Regina, you say?? Hummmm). I cannot imagine the frustration of everyday tasks when it is always a new area - I hate it when my local stores rearrange, lol! I do hope that you are seeing lots of lovely areas and enjoying the other aspects of life on the road. And remember, if you are in western SC I WANT TO MEET YOU!!!
Hugs,
Susan

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, your card just turned out so so cute.
Hugs
Carole

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Nice details!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

So cute, Jeri! LOVE that new paper of yours and the cool Bingo cards. Yeah, the diet and exercise can really be a B---H! Good luck with that, too. xxD

Sharon said...

What a great card!! Loving those bingo cards you have been using. I think the grocery store thinks people will buy more jam/jelly if it is beside the bread. It doesn't always work. They put some of the strangest things together at our store. But it is to help sells and on the most part it works. You will learn where things are and then it will be time to head back north!!! Enjoy Lakeland! :)

A Little Time said...

I love how you made the witch a silhouette!! It's perfect because the background is spooky enough and the witch ties it all together. Awesome!!