Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Weekly Inspiration-Breast Cancer Awareness

It's time for another weekly inpsiration project at The Cutting Cafe.  Regina asked the DT to make projects for Breast Cancer Awareness this week.  This is a cause dear to my heart since I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008.  I'm here to tell you that early detection saves lives.  I hope that you have had a mammogram this year.  If not, don't waste another minute scheduling that appointment. 

For my card this week I've used the Think Pink Breast Cancer Printable Stamp Set.  I made my shaped card using Cricut's Elegant Edges cartridge.  I cut a pink cardstock mat and a second mat using the hope background from the stamp set.  Then I fussy cut the pink ribbon to place on top.  I embellished the flowers on the ribbon with a few black pearls as a final touch.  Now I know you'll want to head over to the rest of the Design Team's blogs to see there breast cancer awareness inspiration.  Your can link up to their blogs from The Cutting Cafe Blog here.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful!!! Love it! :)

Regina Easter said...

Very pretty card and I am so glad your a survivor. Hugs

Carole Beath said...

Wonderful card to honor that nasty beast that strikes out.
Hugs
Carole

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

so glad you are a survivor! lovely card too!

Laura Davis said...

This is lovely!
hugs
Laura

DeeDee said...

GORGEOUS card girlie! So glad you're a survivor! HUGS! :)

Janie said...

Hi Jeri , very very pretty card ! I am so sorry you had to deal with this wretched , horrible disease ! I am so very thankful that they found yours and you are in remission ! What a blessing ! Thanks so much for sharing your card and your story !!
HUGS,JANIE

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

I am thankful u r a survivor..YEAH!
Your project is so cute..Krista