Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #94

For this week's Cricut Cardz Challenge on Cardz TV Mary asked the DT to make a project using Spooks, Monsters, Ghouls or Goblins.  I didn't need one more Halloween card (sorry Mary) but I wanted to send out a package to my two granddaughters for Halloween with a little treat.  This will be the first Halloween that I won't be trick or treating with Payton.  Since she is back in Michigan and my husband and I are in Florida for the winter it would be a little difficult.  I can't help thinking about the difference in the weather for Halloween between the two places.  Poor little Payton and her sister Paige will probably be freezing if this Halloween is anything like last year.  Meanwhile, my husband and I are wishing it would cool down a little here in Florida.  The mid-80s in October is sure a change for us.  I'm not complaining at all, mind you! 

Anyway, for my project this week I used my new Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge to make these take out boxes.  They were easy to put together and I didn't use all the layers that you can cut.  I simply cut the box from black cardstock.  Then I punched a border using a Fiskars punch and used a printable stamp set from The Cutting Cafe called Halloween Goodies Borders.  I used twine from We R Memory Keepers to tie on a tag I cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More at 1.25".  I used another Cutting Cafe printable stamp set called Halloween Mini Words on the tag.  The little spiders in the web are from The Cutting Cafe's Mini Halloween Colored Printable Stamp set. 
I hope you'll have the chance to join us for this week's Cricut Cardz Challenge.  Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's projects.  They'll inspire you for sure and put you in the mood for trick or treating.

4 comments:

beejay said...

Love these boxes! Great job DT mate, enjoy that Florida weather cos I am in Michigan too and its getting cold!

Carole Beath said...

Oh Jeri.... these are just the CA-utest boxes evahhh. I love the papers, and of course I love anything Cutting Cafe...put 'em all together and Jeri did fantastic creations.
Hugs
Carole

Sharon said...

EEK!!!! These are adorable!!! Just perfect to hold a special treat1! This is the next cartridge that I want to buy. Awesome little boxes!!! :)

Regina Easter said...

omg............this is so darn cute...hugs