Friday, September 12, 2014

My Creative Time Challenge


Hello my crafty friends! I'm very excited to be posting my first design post-op after hand surgery. My cast is off and life is much improved! I start physical therapy on Monday. Even though the wrist and hand don't quite move properly I'm very encouraged with things at this point. I thought I'd start with an easy project and decided to make a tag for the challenge going on at My Creative Time. I used a dark brown cardstock for the bottom tag layer and the frame and white cardstock for the top layer of the tag. Next I used the Tag Die Layers to cut the three green zigzags for the bottom of the tag. I used light gray cardstock for the arrow. For the sentiments and the people I used Momento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp them. To finish the tag off I added a sheer white ribbon tied on with a brown hemp.

Here is the photo inspiration that inspired my design.


I used the following MCT products in my project:
  • Tag Dies
  • Tag Die Layers
  • Stitched Mini Frame & Arrow Dies
  • Bracket Sentiment
  • Many Greetings


11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous job!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at MCT!! Lee-Ann :)

Regina Easter said...

love it Jeri and so glad your doing better....hugs

Stef H said...

glad to see and hear you're on the mend... and very well, i might add! fall is here in the midwest and it's cold. this morning it's 39 degrees and inside my house is 60 yet i'm refusing to turn the heat on. i may have to just to get the chill out or i'll never get warm - LOL.

hugs :)

Brenda said...

Congrats on getting your cast off Jeri!!! I pray that therapy goes well for you my friend. It looks like you are well on your way to recovery and back to crafting. Your tag looks amazing and I love it! Even if you hand isn't moving as normally as it should yet, you have made it work well to make this tag. Big hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

You must be doing well, Jeri, if you can do such precise stamping, cutting. and gluing. It give me hope. ;)

Cassandra said...

I just love the chevrons at the bottom!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Cindy Beland said...

LOVE your GREAT tag, looks FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time / Designer Challenge!!! :)

~Tammy~ said...

What a great project to kick off with post recovery!!! Looks adorable!!!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

Very pretty tag!! Love it!! Thanks so much for joining in on the My Creative Time: Designer's Challenge!! Have a wonderful crafty day!! :)

Kim H said...

Jeri ~ Oh your tag is just BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that you used the frame with restroom peeps! Sorry to hear about your wrist ~ crafting is great therapy ~ I think?? LOL! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Designer's Challenge!

Nikki Foraker said...

This is SUPER AWESOME!!! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at MyCreativeTime. :)