Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wedding Card


This past weekend hubby and I had the opportunity to attend our backyard neighbor's wedding. We've grown to love Ruthe since we bought our place behind her and sadly we only had a short time to know her husband before he passed away about a year a half ago.  Ruthe was married to Zeke for over 50 years. It is rare to find true love once in life, but Ruthe has been blessed to meet another fine man. This is proof to me that you are never too old to find love.

Ruthe and her new husband, Del, had a beautiful ceremony. Her youngest son is a minister so he officiated at the wedding. It was such a happy day for the whole family and it was a blessing to share in their joy. This occasion called for a special card. To create my card I started with a white cardstock A2 card. I added a blush colored mat and then topped it with an embossed white mat with a scalloped heart cut into it. I used a My Creative Time die for the scalloped heart and for the word love. One commenter asked what folder I used for the scrolls in the corners. I can only say for sure that it is a Sizzix folder. Can't elaborate on an exact name. Sorry!

Now for the sad part of this love story. No not for Ruthe, but for us. Ruthe will be moving out of her place and moving to her new hubby's home. We lost our bestest neighbor. For now she will be renting her place out. If she decides to sell I sure hope we get another fantastic neighbor just like her.

4 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Super pretty card I loce the love and the swiss dot embossing!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Deb said...

Beautiful card!! Happy for your friend that she found love again but sad that she will be moving.
Love the embossing on your card....what embossing folder did you use for the white layer to get the beautiful corner scrolls?

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful wedding card Jeri! I love that embossing folder and of course love how you have used Emma's products. How sweet that Ruth found another love to share the rest of her life with, I am sorry that you are losing a sweet neighbor though but heck that will give you a reason to visit each other or have cook outs at each other's homes! Hugs, Brenda

Lisa Minckler said...

I love stories like this! What a life she's leading and such a beautiful card to match. Wonderful :)