Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cardz TV Fall Fun Home Decor Gallery Design


I'm so excited to be posting my first project for Mary's new Cardz TV Gallery. This is a daily project blog featuring some of the most fabulous designers on a rotating schedule. I'm very grateful to be a part of the group. That means every single day you can find new inspiration for using Cardz TV Stamps. For my first project I decided to do one of my favorite paper crafts--Home Decor. I love, love, love to make home decor projects. The thing is they always have to be easy to display and easy to store taking up little space. If you've never visited my blog before you might not know that hubby and I recently did some serious downsizing after retiring. We went from living in a 3300 square foot home to a tiny little park model RV that is 500 square feet. A park model is basically a small manufactured home. It got delivered on wheels to a lot we chose in an RV resort in Florida. The wheels are removed and it gets anchored to the ground. We love our little "cottage" with the two rockers on the front porch and living in a small space in a 55+ resort.

Anyway, onto my project. I've had this pumpkin kit in my stash for at least five years. In fact, it has traveled cross country with us several times and I finally decided to get it made. The shadowbox pumpkin frame is from Darcie's, LLC. It comes with the chipboard frame pieces, an acrylic top piece, clips to hold it together and the leaves for embellishing. You just add printed papers of your choice by tracing the chipboard pieces onto the paper, cutting them out and gluing them on. I added a Fall title to the inside of the frame before closing it up with the clips. I cut it with my Cricut and the Gypsy Font cartridge. I wanted to add a special touch to the leaves so I ran the paper through my Cuttlebug's Divine Swirls folder and inked them up good before attaching to the chipboard. For the finishing touches I cut a tag for my sentiment "Harvest Time" which came from the Cardz TV Fall Fun stamps set. This sentiment actually comes in a straight line but I took my Cutter Bee scissors and cut the two words apart to place them as you see them here. I often cut Mary's stamps apart to stretch the use of them. Sometimes I even combine words from different sets to make a whole new sentiment. I also stamped the pumpkin from the Fall Fun set, ran it through the Cuttlebug in the Dotted Swiss folder and inked it up. A little bit of thick twine tied onto the leaves and the project was complete. I'm so glad you stopped by today and hope to see you again soon.

4 comments:

sophiesmama said...

I LOVE this Jeri! It's perfect for Fall decorating, and the embossing really adds some great texture. Great job on this wonderful home decor project, my friend!
Big Hugs,
Mary

Sharon said...

This is just beautiful Jeri!!! I so love it. The embossing and the wonderful fall colors!!! :)

Brenda said...

Oh Jeri, I am so loving this home decor project!! I am going to have to search for this little gem. How fun to dress up the house for fall with this cute project. I love that you put the word fall in the shadowbox and I love how you have placed the leaves around and the little pumpkin. Just too cute! Hugs, Brenda

Regina Easter said...

hey lady, this is awesome