Sunday, September 7, 2014
Surgery Update
It's been a little quiet on my blog lately. The reason---I recently had hand surgery. It's a surgery that I've been putting off for years, first because I was too busy dealing with the breast cancer journey, then because of lifestyle changes. When we retired five years ago and started traveling a lot in our RV there was never a good time. Then we sold our house and lived in our RV for a couple years traveling back and forth between Michigan and Florida. This summer we decided to sell our camper and move to Florida full time. It was time to take care of some health issues that have been piling up. Finding all new doctors was almost a full time job and I finally scheduled an appointment with a hand specialist. She didn't waste any time and scheduled surgery to repair tendons in my thumb and fix my carpal tunnel. I have had a cast on my right hand since August 28th. I'm looking forward to having the cast removed and my stitches taken out next week. Being forced to do nothing is driving me crazy and not being able to craft, oh my word, it's awful. I hope I'll be able to get back to creating soon. Meanwhile, I thought I'd share a photo of my poor hand. Let me also say, typing one handed stinks big time. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
o my word! at least you've had it taken care of and you'll be as good as new! you rocked typing with one hand!!! prayers and hugs.
Oh my goodness Jeri, look at that big ole cast! I know it is a pita and keeps you from doing things that you love, but on the bright side once you have it off and you are healed well, it will be so nice to have working parts once again! lol And hopefully no more pain from it either. Oh yeah, typing one handed is not fun at all and much harder to do than it looks. lol Big hugs my friend, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Brenda
thinking about ya my sweet friend....hugs
I almost wish I hadn't seen this. ;) #1 My husband wants to move from Michigan to Florida and I'm not too keen on it. #2 I have an appointment with a hand specialist and by the end of the month I may look like you. I hope the healing is going well and you're liking Florida.
Hang in there Jeri!! You'll have that thing off in no time and be back to crafting before you know it!!! Prayers and hugs!!!!! :)
Post a Comment