Friday, December 17, 2010

Paper Cutz Challenge #72

We're celebrating the New Year at Paper Cutz a little early with a challenge to use a banner.  I thought, what better to put on my banner than 2011 for a brand new year.  Hopefully, this card will help me recall what year it is.  For some unknown reason I always have a difficult time remembering the odd numbered years.  I think it's because all five of my children were born in even years.  At least that's what I tell myself.  I always go into my checkbook and add the year on several checks so I won't mess up.  LOL  I used the Cricut Celebration cartridge to make my banner.  The banner feature comes with the numbers cut into them so I thought it was the perfect choice.  I cut each one at 1.5".  I cut the shadow from a bright lime green cardstock and the numbers from black cardstock.  My background paper is Creative Imagination.  I cut the Happy New Year from Cricut's Celebrate With a Flourish. 

2 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Jeri, this is such a pretty card...love your banner with the rick rack ribbon!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Hugs,
Terry

Georgiana said...

I sure do like the colors you used on your project. I need to double check into that banner on the Celebrations cartridge. Great Job!

Happy Holidays,
Georgiana