Friday, December 3, 2010

Paper Cutz Challenge-Two Patterned Papers

The challenge at Paper Cutz this week is to use two patterned papers.  I used scraps from last year's DCWV paper stack.  This adorable little bird came from the new Cricut Lite Jolly Holidays cartridge.  This is my favorite Christmas cartridge so far.  The images are just so darn cute.  I haven't been able to put it down since I brought it home from Walmart on Black Friday.  I was pretty excited to be the 4th person at the Cricut pallet on Black Friday.  I arrived around 11:00pm.  At 12:00am when the sale started and the pallet was opened I grabbed the cartridges I wanted and lucky for me the checkout lanes were directly across from the pallet.  I checked out with my purchases at 12:01am.  It doesn't get much better than that.  I cut my little guy at 3" and embossed the black layer with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  I used Fun Flock on the "fur" trim and a white pompom for the tip of the hat.  My sentiment is computer generated.  My base card is a 5" square cut from Cricut's Christmas Card cartridge. 

6 comments:

Helen said...

So cute! I have that bird ready to cut out in my Gypsy too :)

shelly said...

hee hee this is sooo dang cute jeri!

Vicky said...

cute card love the bird, I want to get this cartridge when I went to walmart last week they did not have them in.

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri, your card is so darn sweet. I love the colors and your focal image is darling.

DonnaMundinger said...

Okay, now you're making me bummed I didn't go to WalMart. Still haven't but this is too darn cute! xxD

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Cute card Jeri! Didn't go to Walmart since I didn't think I'd want (or need) another Christmas cart but this is just adorable! TFS
Hugs,
Terry