Monday, December 20, 2010

BBTB2 Just Because Cards Gingerbread Man

It's the last challenge of the year at BBTB2.  This week our talented designer, Julie chose our challenge.  She asked us to use the Gingerbread Man from Just Because Cards.  Now remember if you don't have this cartridge there are other cartridges with Gingerbread Men that you can use.  I made a cookie jar shaped card using my Gypsy.  I love making shaped cards as you can probably tell if you follow my blog.  This cookie jar is on the From My Kitchen cartridge.  I used the Cookies Label from the same cartridge.  My base card is kraft cardstock and I welded two cookie jar shadows to create it.  My printed paper on the front of the card with all the cute cooking theme is Creative Imaginations. I cut another rolling pin and mitt from the paper so I could layer them.  My gingerbread man was cut at 2.75" and I used a white gel pen to add his frosting trim.  For the inside of the card I cut another jar shape and used the hide contour feature so I could use it to place my sentiment on.  My sentiment was done on my computer.
I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful, joyous and blessed Holiday Season with your families.  I hope you make wonderful memories.

6 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri, this is such a great holiday card. I love From My Kitchen, but rarely use it. Thanks for the awesome reminder of what I can do. I love the dimension of your card also. Wonderful job.

hugs,
Susan

GiuliaG. said...

Yep, for sure i agree with Carole....you need creations like yours to remind us how wonderful other carts may be....because you really do forget. I think you card is just awesome.

Maria said...

Jeri,
What a perfect way to showcase Mr. Gingerbread Man! Makes me want to go to my kitchen and make some :-)
Maria

Joanna said...

I love this cookie jar idea! Super cute!

Sandi said...

Jeri what a darling idea to put the gingerman on a cookie jar, just adorable. Hugs

A Little Time said...

What a great idea to make a cookie jar as the card base! This is just darling!