Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

Well, I for one, am glad to end 2010 and begin a new year.  December was a bit rough for me as I spent the whole month going to doctor appointments and being sick.  My husband and I were both so sick on Christmas day that we opened our presents in bed.  At this point we have pretty much recovered from the nastiest bug we've ever had but still have a few health issues to deal with.  As a result, we've had to cancel our winter plans to travel to Florida.  Of course, the recent weather had something to do with canceling the plans also.  So it seems we are stuck in Michigan's cold, snow and gloom for the winter.  I'm desperately trying to look on the bright side.  It will give us the time we need to prepare the house to put it on the market for sale in the spring.  It will also give me lots of time to work in my studio on scrapbook and card designs.  Onto this card--I used images from The Cutting Cafe's HAPPY NEW YEAR'S PRINTABLE STAMPS. Just click on the set to go to the link. I printed the background stamp on silver cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped and then I cut it out with my nesties.  I used my Cricut Weddings cartridge to cut the glasses that I placed on a piece of white cardstock embossed with my Cuttlebug's Swiss Dot folder.  I added a big grey ribbon to finish it off. 


No comments: