Saturday, January 8, 2011
Dr. Seuss Scrapbook for Grandchild #9
My only son, my fifth and youngest child, and his lovely wife are expecting their first baby. We are very excited to have grandchild number nine on the way. The baby is due May 23rd, on my son's birthday. We won't know if it's a boy or girl until January 20th and can't wait to find out. Kyle and Nicole have decided to go with a Dr. Seuss theme for the nursery. With that in mind, I decided to create a scrapbook for the baby so I can present it to them at the baby shower, which will also be Dr. Seuss themed. Several years ago I remember seeing a Dr. Seuss scrapbook kit. Not knowing that I would need it for the future, I passed it by. Now I can't find any Dr. Seuss scrapbook paper. I have been all over the internet with no luck. So I had to proceed without it. I knew I wanted to use a red and blue theme, because those are the Cat in the Hat colors. I searched the internet and found a free Dr. Seuss font and some free clip art so that is what I will be using to make up the scrapbook. My husband bought me SCAL software for Christmas so I used it to cut out the title page here.
This Cat in the Hat image is one of the clip art images I downloaded. I printed it then cut it to place between two photo mats for pictures. The umbrella he's holding was cut from my Cricut A Child's Year cartridge. The raindrops were cut from the Indie Art cartridge. I added some gingham checked ribbon on the two large photo mats that will hold 4x6 pics. I cut smaller mats for the second page and added a little white rick rack to finish them off.
Over the next month or two I will post other pages as they are finished. I have quite a few ideas and pages mapped out. I think you'll enjoy the pages I put together so check back often. This year I have set a goal to get back to my scrapping roots (pre-card designer). That is where my papercrafting journey began. So in the coming year you will see a lot more scrapbook pages on my blog along with my cards. I don't plan on coming out of my studio until Spring. LOL Since we didn't get to leave for the winter in Florida we were planning I have to do something to occupy myself. I just absolutely detest winter. There is nothing about it that appeals to me. I know all you snow lovers are cringing. If I never saw another snowflake the rest of my life, that would be fine with me. I need to find a place to live that is around 75 degrees year-round. That would be just wonderful. LOL Thanks for stopping by and remember to check back for future pages of the album.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
not sure where you are located ..since i ws just passing through blog surfing...was at a waldenbooks/borders store last nite and saw a premade scrapbook that was dr. suess for elementary school years...just saying...you could probably check online too if you do not have one of those stores near you! you could part it out! lol
sorry bout the spelling....btw the pages you did are gorgeous great job for being limited on items!! looks awesome!
Oh this is as cute as can be! What a fun theme for the nursery AND your lovely book! xxD
Post a Comment