Monday, January 31, 2011

BBTB2 Heart challenge

 This week's challenge at BBTB2 is to use more than one heart and the Lovestruck cartridge.  I don't have this cartridge so I used hearts from the Sweethearts cartridge. The heart I used is on page 72 of the manual.  I made this tri-fold card using my Gypsy and welding a circle and a rectangle together, then folding it in thirds.  My base card is made with a pink cardstock from Colorbok the back is white which allowed me to add my sentiments in red for the inside.  My DP is Cloud 9 Be Loved.  This card when folded is the same size as an A2 card.  My heart on the front is cut at 3".  I used red cardstock for the shadow layer, pink for the top heart layer and white for the doily looking layer.  The cute litte printed heart ribbon is from Michael's.  I embellished the front with pearls centered in each scallop, a heart charm and some doodling with a Sakura 3-D white gel pen.  Next came the first inside layer.
I traced the front flap onto my DP and hand cut it for the left side then added a piece cut 4 x 5 1/2" on the right side.  On top of this I added a scalloped circle cut from Mini Monograms at 5" from white cardstock and trimmed it so it fit under the front flap without showing.  I added the Hugs & Kisses sentiment (found on page 36) which I cut from red cardstock at 2 1/2".  Of course, I couldn't let it sit without adding some doodling using red on the scallops and white on the sentiment.  Now it was time for the inside.
Using my Gypsy I searched for an appropriate I Love You.  I found exactly what I was looking for on the Lyrical Letters cartridge.  I cut this sentiment at 4" from red cardstock and again added some doodling.  Finally I added the Happy Valentine's Day stamp from Inkadinkado that I purchased last year at JoAnn's from the $1 bin.  I stamped with red ink and then traced over the top of it with the 3-D red gel pen.  This may well become my signature shape card, I love it so much.  I suppose someone will come along and tell me there is a cartridge that has a card on it this shape, but since I made this one by welding two shapes together, I kind of feel like it's all mine.  I just love how this one turned out.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Jeri! Love the card fold!
Hugs,
Mary

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this is gorgeous..... I love the tri fold design, the scallops are fantastic, the pearls seal the deal. Love the papers.
Hugs
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo beautiful Jeri! Love the fold and the papers you chose. Gorgeous detals too! xxD

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!!! :-)

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Jeri I just Love this card! Love everything about it, it's just Beautiful! You could do so much with this style card and I may have to try making your card shape one day, I'll just call it Jeri's card base, lol, because this is the first place I seen it even if there is a card shape or directions somewhere, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Maria said...

Jeri-Love the "shape" of the card. Very different :-) The colors are great too :-)
Maria

shelly said...

love this jeri! the card design is awesome!

~JulieH~ said...

Well Jeri I loved this gorgeous card when I saw it posted on BBTB2 but WOW! I love it even more now I get a closer look on your blog! What a wonderful design you've created I love the trifold. love every last detail of your card! Wonderful work as always!
Hugs
Juliexx

A Little Time said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the folds. You girls and your Gypsies just blow me away. You're just so creative!! Love the scallops, the pearls, the ribbon...all of it!