I think this card is really cheerful looking. I'm sending this to a friend so I didn't add a sentiment to the inside since I will be adding a handwritten note. All of the embellishments on this card have been in my stash for ages. Last year's New Year's resolution was to use more of my scrap paper. Even though I used a lot of scraps, you can't even tell I made a dent in them. This year's resolution is to embellish with the stuff I have and keep using those scraps. This card allowed me to fulfill both resolutions. I'm patting myself on the back.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Paper Cutz Challenge #73
For the first Paper Cutz Challenge of the year Mary asked us to use metal. For my card I used a green metal buckle and a yellow safety pin. This was a really easy card to throw together. This is a standard A2 card from white cardstock. I ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Floral Fantasy embossing folder to give it a little texture. I added a 1.75" strip of Heidi Grace paper to the bottom edge. This is a double-sided paper so I used the reverse side to add a punched edge strip using a Fiskars punch. Then I simply took the buckle and tied on a piece of polka dot ribbon then added the safety pin. I used some bead letters to spell the word HI.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautifuly simple card! Love the green buckle!
Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com
Post a Comment