Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Valentine Project

Oh my gosh!  Have you been to The Cutting Cafe lately?  Regina has released some absolutely fantastic Valentine sets.  Now is the time to start your Valentine projects, February 14th will be here before you know it.  For my project I used the Words of Love Colored Printable Stamp Set.  This is a huge set that comes with 69 images.  I also used the Fun With Valentine's Day Printable Stamp Set which features 59 images (my inside tag).  To start I printed out the background conversation hearts that come with a light pink background.  I printed the large image onto a sheet of 8.5 x 11" white cardstock.  Then I took this printed sheet and used my Cricut Just Because Cards cartridge (the card on page 44) to make my envelope for my tag.  This actually cuts out as a card but I folded it in the middle and used double-sided tape on the right edge and bottom to make it into an envelope.  Then I cut the tag for inside (which is on the same page 44) from pink cardstock. The envelope is cut with the width at 7" (height @ 5.35") and the tag is cut with a height of 5" (width @ 3.23").

To embellish the outside of the envelope I punched a border with a Fiskars punch from brown and pink cardstock then layered them.  Before adding the punched border to the envelope I added a brown polka dot ribbon.  Next came the cute circle sentiment, part of the WORDS OF LOVE set.  I printed it and punched it out with a 2" circle punch then place it on a scalloped circle I cut at 2.5" from Mini Monograms.  I added a little doodling with a white gel pen and a few brown dots with a MS sepia colored marker.  For the tag I layered red and brown cardstock onto my pink tag.  I printed the 3 things I love about you from the FUN WITH VALENTINE'S DAYset onto pink cardstock.  On the top of the tag I punched a hole for my twine then added a pink button with a red heart button on top of it.  I'll be giving this to my granddaughter Payton and as you can see I love her HUGS, KISSES and SMILES.

9 comments:

Regina Easter said...

REALLY OH MY. this is seriously way ADORABLE. OMG OMG OMG

Norma said...

Super cute tag!!!!

Pattie said...

Fabulous! - Love it!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Jeri this is so adorable...your granddaughter is going to love it!!! TFS
Hugs,
Terry

Unknown said...

Great job Jeri! Love the design!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Carole Beath said...

So so so cute, Jeri.... Love it.
Carole

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Jeri... The is too adorable.

Vee

Vivian said...

Very cute!

Marsha said...

this is sooo cute ! these Cutting Cafe files are so great. I've made a few cards with it already and will probably make a few more ;-)