Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Valentine Treat box
My project for today is this darling little treat box that I made for my husband for Valentine's Day. I embellished the box top with a tag and a heart from The Cutting Cafe. The tag came from the Valentine's Day Mini Word Stamp Set and the heart came from the Fun With Hearts Stamp Set. The mini words set comes with a total of 36 mini words. I printed the whole sheet so I could use the rest of the words on other projects. Regina has easy to follow directions and tutorials on the Cutting Cafe website on using her printable sets. You can find directions there on how to print just one image off a sheet, which is what I did for the heart. I printed the heart with the little tiny hearts on it on white cardstock. Then I used a Copic marker (R27) to color the hearts red. I used my Magic Matter to make a red mat to place the colored heart on. I almost forgot to tell you where I got the pattern for the cute cake box. It came from Paper Crafts website of download files. Here is the link for the lid and here is the link for the bottom. For my lid I used a Fiskars scallop punch on the edge. My patterned paper I used for the bottom of the box came from DCWV Farmer's Market stack. A little red rick rack for the lid and red twine to tie the heart and tag on and I was finished. I filled the box with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses chocolate candy. I should have taken a picture of them in the box before I tied it shut. I guess I was anxious to tie that lid on so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the goodies. LOL I admit, my one vice in the world is chocolate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Very pretty box. I hope he likes it.
Lovely projects. Thanks for the links. So kind of you to share.
Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com
This is adorable!!! I love the colors you have used!!
What a fun and creative project. Perfect for Valentine's Day.
now THAT'S yummy!!! lol.
thanks for the vote of confidence. i plan on getting used to my cricut this year.
hugs :)
So pretty! What a lucky husband :-)
Maria
Post a Comment