Monday, January 24, 2011

BBTB2 Once Upon A Princess Butterfly Layout

It's Monday and time for another BBTB2 challenge.  This week's challenge is to use the butterfly from Once Upon A Princess found on page 59.  I use this cartridge often to scrapbook little girl pages. This is my youngest grandchild, Paige.  She's a tiny, dainty little thing with the biggest blue eyes.  She is 17 months old now and just grew out of her 9 month size clothes.  She is very precious as the title says.  She was born premature after my daughter was in a car accident at the end of her 7th month of pregnancy and has overcome numerous developemental struggles.  She still has kidney problems but we're hoping she will eventually outgrow them.  According to her pediatrician they have not gotten any worse, but stay the same.  She had a MRI last week to check the development of her brain.  We are waiting for those results.  But she is walking now which is very encouraging.

I have to thank our fabulous design sister, Lori, for choosing this cute butterfly for our challenge this week.  I had already decided to use this title for this picture so it worked out perfectly for me.  I used white, pink, purple and blue cardstock for the elements on this page.  I think the background paper is from Paper Studio, but it has been in my paper rack for a long time.  I just stumbled upon it the other day.  I know what you're saying... I hear it from my husband all the time, "you don't even know what paper you have".  I'm old, I have a bad memory.  It's not because I have too much.  LOL  My butterflies are cut at 2 1/2 and 3 inches.  The title is cut at 4 3/4" and is found on the same page as the butterfly.  I scattered all the little hearts that were leftover cuts from the butterflies around the page.  I couldn't stand to throw them away.  I hope you can join us at BBTB2 for the butterfly challenge this week.  Remember, if you don't have Once Upon A Princess you can use a butterfly from another Cricut cartridge.

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

As PRECIOUS as can be, Jeri! LOVE this and your grandbaby is the sweetest ever! Hoping for good news from her MRI. My original design used this cut but I sort of changed my mind. Didn't have the right subject matter but you sure did. xxD

Maria said...

What a PRECIOUS little girl! Your layout is perfect for these cuts and papers!
Maria

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jeri
Your layout is so so beautiful as is your little granddaughter. I hope the results from the MRI bring good news
Hugs
Juliexx

Stef H said...

oh is she ever a princess alright. she is just gorgeous! stunning page.

hugs :)

A Little Time said...

Precious is the perfect word for her! What a darling little girl and what a darling page. The butterfly is so cute and I like the mini hearts.