Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #56

Happy Wednesday and Happy New Year!  It's time for the first Cricut Cardz Challenge of the year 2011. The challenge is for a New Year's card using any Cricut cut clock image and any colors.  I used my Gypsy to design this card by welding a circle to a card cut from Smiley Cards.  That allowed me to offset my clock image from Designer's Calendar.  The clock is cut at 3.25" from black cardstock. The base card is made from kraft cardstock, which I'm addicted to.  I stamped flourishes onto the paper with a Basic Grey stamp.  I used Gypsy font to create my Time Flies sentiment.  Normally I would weld the letters together but it was easier to put them in a circular shape cutting them individually.  The way I placed them it looks like they are attached but they aren't.  I added a little pleated gingham ribbon and attached the hands of the clock with a gold brad.  My inside sentiment is from the Wild Card cartridge.

9 comments:

Maria said...

As far as I'm concerned, anything with flourishes and a clock is a winner! Love it!
Maria

Unknown said...

I really love how you created your own clock! Great welding job!

Have a great day!
Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

So pretty!!
Jennifer DT#1

jen said...

Love it!
hugs,jen

Evelyn said...

Very pretty card , nicely done

Stef H said...

you are definitely the QUEEN of that cricut! absolutely fabulous card - and i love the new blog look!

happy, happy new year my friend. thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts for hubby. believe me.... they worked!

hugs :)

Anita said...

Wow! This card is beautiful!! Nice job on this weeks challenge! Anita

created by connie said...

VERY pretty card! Really like the ribbon on the bottom as well. I agree - Basic Grey rocks!

Connie :)

Scrapper69 said...

Jeri.... Wonderful card! I love the ribbon at the bottom and the whole look of the card... The clock looks super cool off to the side! NEAT! :o)
Theresa