Monday, January 17, 2011

BBTB2 Birthday Bash-Armidillo


I was excited to use my new Birthday Bash cartridge for this week's BBTB2 challenge.  Krista asked us to use the armidillo cut.  As it turned out, a bunch of the DT didn't have this cartridge, so the challenge was altered to include a bird cut as alternate.  I just so happened to need a birthday card for one of my teenage grandson's so the armidillo worked well for me.  I decided to use the phrase feature cut for my card and included the party hat from the tag cut (shift key on).  I got out my sewing machine to add some stitching to this card.  I used scraps to put this card together so I'm not sure where the patterned paper came from.  This is a 5 x 6 1/2" card so my phrase is cut at 4 1/4".  The hat is cut at 2".  I added a white pom pom and lots of doodling with a white gel pen to finish this guy off.

9 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this card is just adorable. I love the color combo and the little Armadillo is precious. Who would ever have thought an Armadillo would even be used on something but it is really cute and the cards using it are wonderful. Your grandson is going to LOVE this card.
Hugs
Carole

Sandi said...

Hey Jeri, who would have thought the red and black would work so well for that lil bugger, great call and take on the challenge. Hugs

**Treefrog** said...

What a cute Card Jeri, love the color combination, very stricking and I think it's perfect for a teenagers B-Day! A little on edge and one of a kind, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

GiuliaG. said...

jeri, I love the red and black...great job with the armadillo.

Maria said...

Jeri,
This is really cute! I love the colors you picked!
Maria

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Jeri,
You did a fab job, and your happy..Yippee...krista

Karen Pinsonat said...

Great card, I love the detail you added with the white pen!

A Little Time said...

Cute, cute, cute!! I love the colors and that pom pom is the perfect touch!!

shelly said...

hi jeri :) awesome job the white pen dots and pom pom are a perfect touches.