Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ballerina Layout for My Pink Stamper challenge

 My four year old granddaughter, Payton, just started taking ballet lessons because she wants to be a "ballerina princess".  My husband and I jokingly say we hope she has a backup plan because there isn't much of a need for "ballerina princesses".  When I saw that Robyn was having a design team call for My Pink Stamper I knew this would be perfect to enter in the challenge.  The challenge requirements were to use pink, green and brown.  I used my new Twinkle Toes cartridge that I picked up from Walmart at the day after Thanksgiving sale and my Lacy Labels cartridge.  My patterned papers came from DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl stack.  For my title banner I used green, pink and brown cardstock. I cut the banner with the fit to length key on and the size dial at 9 1/2".  That cut the banner at 2 3/4" which is important to note for cutting the elements on the banner.  I embossed the banner heart for some dimension using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. For a finishing touch on the banner I added stitching lines and dots to the lettering with a Sakura 3-D white gel pen.  I placed the banner atop a strip of flower patterned paper with a punched edge made with a MS punch and white cardstock.
My ballerina is cut at 4".  The Twinkle Toes cartridge makes the layering so easy.  I used the flower patterned paper for her skirt and pink cardstock for the top and ballerina slippers.  It doesn't show up in the photo but the flowers on this patterned paper are sparkly.  I added a few more glittery elements with the flowers I placed next to the photo mat and the heart word in the banner.  Payton loves glitter so this will make her happy.  For the photo mat I used my Lacy Labels cartridge.  The mat is actually made from the cut that is labeled All Boy.  Make it out of pink, green and white and it screams All Girl to me.  Before adding the mat to the page I backed it with light pink tulle.  Then I added a big tulle bow with a large pink flower button in the center.  I just love how this page turned out and I can't wait to show it to Payton.  She's going to love it.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute layout, I love it

Angie said...

Adorable!

Kristin said...

Very Cute!!!!

GiGi said...

This is SO CUTE!!!

Unknown said...

This is a darling layout!

Glora said...

Wow, I love this LO. My daughter would love it. Great job.

Jaspere said...

This is just adorable.

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Good luck!!! :-)
-Sam :-)

p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

SweetSassyDiva said...

Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! I will have to revisit that cart. love layouts! I think I have to enroll my dd :) TFS!

We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

CarrieAnne said...

Having a ballerina princess in my own family I just loved this layout. The tulle bow is the perfect touch. Good look on the DT call.