Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 class Outline stamps

I'm catching up here on my online class posts. I realized as I went to do my Day 5 post that I mailed out that day's card to a friend and forgot to take a picture of it. I used the multi-colored embossing technique by stamping my flower image with VersaMark ink then carefully added different color embossing powders onto it. I used Wow embossing powders in Bubble Gum (pink), Cotton Candy (blue) and Berrylicious (purple) for the flower and Earthtone Olive for the stem. I really liked the end result and will definitely use the technique again.
For day six of class, I again used my flower stamp two different ways. The first shows a tag where I embossed it with white embossing powder onto white cardstock then used Tim Holtz inks to color the background. I used Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick. The second tag shows the same stamp done with Black embossing powder and then colored in with Copics. I also used a VersaMark pen to add some gold embossing into the center of the flower. I've made it over halfway through the classes and haven't given up, yet. I'm definitely being challenged into finding ways to use the supplies I have without going out and buying more. I did, however, buy this flower stamp because I didn't have any flower with stem stamps. I also purchased the VersaMark pen. I didn't know that even existed until I saw the class videos using one. I was excited to find one, and only one, at my local craft store. I'm really enjoying these classes and learning so much to expand my skills.

2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

these are so pretty

Brenda said...

Wow Jeri, both of these tags are just beautiful! I love that flower!! Hugs, Brenda