Monday, August 18, 2014
The Cutting Cafe-Menu planner
Hello my crafty friends! This week at The Cutting Cafe the DT is showcasing products with a truly fabulous set called The Planner. If you've ever wanted a custom designed planner using pages that are truly meant for you-now you can have it. You can print the pages you would most use and bind them up. Now for me, personally, I don't need much of a planner. My kids are grown and gone and I'm retired so I don't have a lot going on in my life that I need to remember. (Notwithstanding the zillion doctor appointments I've had in the last three weeks). No, for me it's usually golf, playing cards or socializing with friends. So I came up with another idea for my project using the Weekly Menu Planner page from The Planner set. I made a dry erase board where I can write in my meals for the week. This just wipes off with a paper towel because the writing is on glass and the planner is sandwiched between it.
I went to Michael's (with coupon in hand) and found this glass poster frame with clips on the edges. I simply found a piece of patterned cardstock in my stash, printed out the WEEKLY MENU PLANNER page with my printer, mounted it on a black cardstock mat, attached it to the patterned paper, then embellished the outside of the frame with some ribbon (that says Bon Appetit) and some cute little metal silverware from 7 Gypsies. It now sits on my counter and every week I decide what we'll be having to eat and write it in. Now I don't have to listen to hubby ask me the dreaded question every day, "What's for dinner?" I don't know about you but nothing sets me on edge like those words. I'm a good cook, but now that I'm retired I don't really enjoy the drudgery of always being the one to cook. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing what I might have to force down if hubby does the cooking. I have a couple great stories of hubby's attempts at cooking. The one that always comes to mind first is the Mother's Day scrambled eggs he once made. He got out a cookbook (because without, way over his head) and found a recipe for scrambled eggs. I know what you're all thinking, how could he need a recipe for that. The recipe called for mixing a little cream with the eggs. We didn't have any cream, but we did have some whipped cream. You know, the kind that squirts out of a can. No need to say more, but I'll tell you those were the sweetest eggs I've ever tasted. LOL
You are going to want to see the depth that the rest of the Design Team went to with their planners. Make sure you head over to The Cutting Cafe Blog on Thursday, August 21 to see their creations. I feel like such a slacker with my project, but it's what works for me and my lifestyle. Please don't hate me because I have no need to plan. Ahhhhh, RETIREMENT! Life is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
OOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM LOVING THIS SOOOOOO MUCH...i am so glad you choose to show a great way of using the set....fab my friend fab
You are too cute Jeri! I love that you are retired and can just enjoy life without a planner. I am loving the planner and could use one just to keep up with hubby and my doctors appts and chemo appts. So I want to get this planner kit. I love, love your menu planner!!!! That is so awesome and perfect because like you I hate getting that question of whats for supper every night. My hubby can cook pretty good easy stuff, but I hate the mess he makes and when he cleans up he doesn't clean up like I do. lol Oh my, this is life with men I guess. Now I hopey your many doctors appointments are just check ups my friend and that everything is ok. Hugs, Brenda
I LOVE what you did with the Planner! Great Job showing another way to use the set!
This is awesome! You are in no way a slacker! I totally know what you mean by the dreaded what's for dinner question. I get asked that at LEAST once a day by 5 people. Drives me insane. I so need this in my kitchen! Love the story about the scrambled eggs =)
Just adorable!
This is extremely clever! Love that you made it a write-on, wipe off board. Great!
Brilliant idea Jeri! I love that you can wipe it off and the utensils are such a cute addition. :)
Jeri, this is just so brilliant!! Love the idea that you can reuse this over and over again.
Post a Comment