Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps online class Day 2


Day 2 of the Stretch Your Stamps Class 2 was a continuation of using background stamps in different ways. For my first card I was practicing the ombre effect. Clearly, I need a lot more practice. I was not happy with my first attempt and this is my second attempt. I stamped the wood grain background onto white cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I used Tim Holtz Distress inks of Salty Ocean, Broken China and Tumbled glass to layer on the inks starting at the bottom with the darkest ink and working my way up to the lighter color.

For my second card (bad photo) I stamped my background onto black cardstock using VersaMark ink. Then I used Perfect Pearls in Biscotti, Mandarin and Mint.  I loved how this card came out. The picture does not do it justice. After I completed the background I used a butterfly die to cut an opening in the paper and mounted it onto a white cardstock base measuring 3.5" x 5". Next I placed the card base onto a piece of cantaloupe colored cardstock. I die cut Hello from the My Creative Time Speech Bubble stamp set with coordinating dies. I took the die cut word and embossed VersaMark Dazzle Ink on the front then covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. I repeated this step two more times. When it was cooled and dry I attached over the butterfly cut out.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow! I think both of these cards turned out fabulous Jeri! I love the ombre effect and not sure why you aren't happy with it. It looks amazing! I love the second card too, just the background is so eye catching. Love the butterfly cut out and the "hello" going across. I think you are learning so much with this class!! Hugs, Brenda