Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day One


Hello my crafty friends! It's been awhile since I've been able to post. I have literally spent almost every single day of the last three weeks going to doctor appointments, tests or procedures. Last week when I found out that I was going to have to have a heart catheterization which would require a couple days recuperating I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take an Online Card Class by Jennifer McGuire. It would help me pass the time and I since I'm pretty new to stamping, anything besides a sentiment on a card, I knew there would be plenty for me to learn. The question was, did I even have enough stamps in my arsenal that I could participate in the class.

Day one of class was devoted to background and reverse background stamps. I only have a few background stamps so for this card I used a script background from My Creative Time Build a Scripty & Water Color Background Stamp Set. I used some water color paper to stamp and emboss the background. I used Versa Mark ink to stamp and embossed with white embossing powder from WOW. The next step of the process was adding the water colors and I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this. I watercolored a rainbow pattern over the script background. To make this card I used a two inch wide strip of this paper and placed it on the left side of the card. I still had enough of the watercolor paper for a second card. To complete this card I used the My Creative Time Speech Bubble Sentiments stamps and coordinating speech bubble dies and die cut the you are then stamped the words "an inspiration".
For my second card I die cut the word Happy from the My Creative Time Happy Thoughts stamp set with coordinating dies using the leftover paper from my first card. Next I took the word and stamped VersaMark ink all over it and sprinkled clear embossing powder onto it. I did this three times which left the word a little more dimensional and put a shine to it.  I added a small strip of the script background and then stamped the rest of the sentiment below that. Whew! Managed to make it through the first day of class. A small pat on my back. I think I'm going to struggle through this.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh Jeri, I hope all is well with your heart my friend!! Don't you just hate those weeks of doctors appointments?! But they are a must to keep you healthy and running well. This was the perfect opportunity to take this class while you rested up. I love, love both of these cards and will be lifting this technique idea. These cards look amazing and I for one can't wait to try it out. Big hugs my friend-Brenda