Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Stretch Your Stamps 2 online class Day 7
Today's online card class is all about using graphic shaped stamps. I totally fell apart at this class. I was in a panic when I went through my stamps and found no plain graphic shapes. My hero, Emma (My Creative Time), to the rescue. I found out about this class one day while I was visiting Emma's blog because she is taking the class, too. So after going through all my stamps and being unable to figure out how I could complete this class project, I stepped away from my craft table and sat down to relax by checking Emma's blog. Behold, what did I find but her class project for the day that looked very similar to my card. Never in a million years would I have thought to turn a stamp over and use the backside to stamp with. In Emma's stamp set You Are Fabulous there are three shaped stamps with patterns on them. By taking the medium sized hexagon and turning it over and attaching it to my stamp block with the patterned side down using adhesive I had just a plain hexie. Now that I finally had a graphic shaped stamp I went into my second panic attack. I have very few inks. I recently started investing in the Tim Holtz mini ink pads, but they didn't work very well for this project. I trashed a couple efforts pretty quickly. Quite a few months ago I noticed, on a trip to my local scrapbook store, that they carried a few Hero Arts inks in a mini size. I'm such a sucker for tiny things, but it's because I spent the last three years traveling back and forth from Michigan to Florida and living in an RV. I don't have a lot of storage space so these inks are perfect for someone like me. Anyway, I have three sets of these Hero Arts inks. I pulled out a set, I think it's a summer color set, and used Pool, Soft Olive and Wet Cement as the colors for my card. I wanted it to have a more manly look. I stamped the hexagons and waited for them to dry and then I went back and used the second technique I learned in class, Kissing. This is where you take a pattern stamp and restamp over your shape using white pigment ink. At this point I turned the hexie stamp back over to the polka dot pattern side and added them to my colored hexies I already stamped. Love this look and will certainly do it again in the future. To complete my card I used a Happy word die and then stamped birthday under the word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This card turned out awesome Jeri!! I forget to flip the back side of the stamp up and use it too. But I've seen many people do it, I just never think to do it. lol I low how your card turned! I do love the Hero Art's shadow inks in the mini size and have invested in a few of them as I don't have colored inks either. I have TH distress inks, but they don't always work well with certain techniques. Glad you are enjoy this class!! Hugs, Brenda
Post a Comment