Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 online class Day 8


Well, all I can say about this card is, I did my homework. Not happy with the end result at all. Today's class was the second part of using graphic stamps. I totally copy the instructor's card using a leaf shape from a Maya Road stamp set I won from Scrapbook and Cards Today. It was a whole box of goodies with all kinds of stuff in it. I used Momento dye inks for this effect. This was another stamp that I flipped over and used the back side of the stamp. It stamped a little irregular on the edges because of that. Obviously there wasn't much to this other than stamping in rows. After the rows were finished I used My Creative Time Alpha Pack stamps to spell out Miss You and used VersaMark ink and white embossing powder from WOW. If I were to try this technique again, I'd make sure I had another graphic image that was slightly bigger than the one I used so I didn't have to stamp so many rows and use so many different colors. This looks just a little too busy for my taste.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

It is a little busy Jeri, but I love the idea behind it. Next time why not try just a couple of rows for a more CAS look? I still like it and love the colors. You title stamped inside the shape is clever and love the look. Glad the classes are going well for you. At least you are taking the classes learning things! lol Hugs, Brenda