Monday, May 16, 2011

BBTB2 Sunglasses challenge and BABY NEWS

Before we talk about my design for this week's BBTB2 challenge I have to announce that my son and daughter-in-law had their baby boy this morning.  We're so very excited.  Everything went well and Kameron came in weighing 6 lbs. 5 oz. and is 19" long.  Here's the long awaited first photo.  My daughter-in-law looks pretty darn good for just giving birth, don't you think?  We can't wait to travel down to Virginia to meet him for the first time.  Not sure when that will be with this house sale and packing to move going on, but we'll get there as soon as we can.


Just received second photo

Now onto this week's design challenge for BBTB2

This week our fearless leader at BBTB2, Heather, asked us to use the sunglasses from the Forever Young cartridge.  As with all the challenges at BBTB2, if you don't have the Forever Young cartridge you can use sunglasses from another cartridge.  I used Simply Charmed for my card.  My base is A2 size white cardstock with a turquoise mat and a background paper I made with my Imagine Best Friends cartridge.  My sunglasses sunshine is cut at 2.75" from a scrap of yellow polka dot paper and matted with another piece of turquoise cardstock.  My sentiment tag is cut from the Fabulous Finds cartridge and my sentiment is computer generated.  I used my colored twine I made using my Copics.  You can see the post telling you how I made it from plain ecru colored twine here.  This card was pretty quick and simple to put together and that's all I have time for at the moment because our house is sold and we are packing up.  Everything will be going in storage and we'll be hitting the trail for some serious traveling in our RV.  I don't know how long we'll travel--I guess until we get tired of it.  We're really looking forward to having our retirement plans finally come to pass.  We retired a couple years ago now but had to wait for the housing market to pick up.  The house sold pretty fast and we're excited to be leaving it in the hands of a wonderful family with three children.  We raised our five children here and it will be a bittersweet day handing over those keys but we have wonderful memories of our time here raising our family.

14 comments:

shelly said...

congrats grandma! :) hope the house thing is going smoothly for ya! love your card :) cute cute kite b/g paper and love the polka dot sun :)

Susan Edwards said...

Congratulation, Jeri!!! Your dil looks adorable - almost as cute as your grandson!!!

Your card is so bright and "sunny" looking - great take on the challenge. Love the kites and the glasses on the sun!!

xx Susan

DonnaMundinger said...

A huge congrats to you and your family! How precious! Love your adorable card, too. LOVE that background paper. Do I have Best Friends? Hmmm... looks like a must have just for that paper. Fabulous! xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Congrats on your beautiful new grandson Jeri and on selling your house too! What a busy time for you and you still manage time to create such a fabulous card! Love your gorgeous polka dot sun complete with shades! A really happy card!
Hugs
Juliexx

KimCreate said...

C0ngrats to all!
Kim

Lori1brat said...

Awww - congratulations on your beautiful new grand-baby !!!! How on EARTH do you find to pack, get moved AND craft all at the same time !!! Great job on your cute card ! Hugs - Lori

Scrapper69 said...

BEAUTIFUL new baby! Congrats Grandma! LOL He is just sooo precious! And your card is wonderful as well! TFS! :o)
Theresa

Sharon said...

Congradulations on your adorable new Grandson!!
Love your sunny card!! Also, congrats on selling your home. :)

June Houck said...

Congrats on your new little miracle. He's a handsome fella :)

Your card is adorable; love those sunglasses on the sun!

Stef H said...

what a beautiful DIL and gorgeous baby! big CONGRATS!!! i actually got goosebumps and am smiling from ear-to-ear for you! hugs & kisses to all.

absolutely great card too!

more hugs GRANDMA!!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Congrats on your beautiful Grandson!

great card, safe travels!

A Little Time said...

Congratulations, Grandma!! I'm going to be a Grandma in about 6 months, too.

LOVE the card and I LOVE your twine trick.

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Congrats Grandma on the new Grand baby, he's adorable! And also Congrats on the house selling! You will have SO MUCH Fun traveling in your RV! We sold our house in Vegas 4 yrs ago (just in time for the huge fall there!) and traveled across the US. We weren't sure where we were going to wind up even but it was alot of fun traveling and seeing different places, I'd love to do it again! Are you bringing your Bug with you on your RV Adventure? (I Did, lol!)
((Hugs)) Theresa

**Treefrog** said...

LOL I forgot to tell you I loved that Cute Cute Cute card, the sun with the shades are Great, and Love the papers you used, perfect!
((Hugs)) Theresa