Friday, May 6, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #90

It's another Friday and another challenge for Paper Cutz.  This week Mary asked us to make a Mother's Day card.  I have two aunts that I wanted to honor for Mother's Day.  Both of them each had a son and sadly each son has passed away so I always like to make sure that I let them know how much they mean to me and how important they are in my life. For my first card I used the Cricut Heritage cartridge to cut my silhouette and my sentiment from dark brown cardstock.  My patterned papers are K&Company. 

For the second card I used the Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut the frames and the letters from black cardstock.  I placed them onto white cardstock that I embossed with the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder.  The red patterened paper is a scrap from my bin.  I added a dark gray grosgrain ribbon and a flower that I made using the Cricut Bloom cartridge.  I was fortunate to be able to spend my day yesterday with my aunts and take them out to lunch.  They live quite a distance away so it was nice to meet up at a halfway point and have time to visit with them.  We attended a scrapbooking expo, saw lots of wonderful stuff and had a great time.  I hope that everyone has a Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

June Houck said...

These are both really lovely cards! No doubt your aunts will treasure these cards.

Sharon said...

Wonderful cards!! How sweet that your honor your Aunts in this way. :)

shelly said...

both of those cards are lovely.. i adore the vintagness