Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An unusual post

This is a little bit of a different post for me, but there's a first for everything.  I just had to share this little tidbit with everyone.  One of the hottest design trends going at the moment is colored twine.  I've been trying so hard to contain my spending so I don't have to listen to my husband whine about how much I spend on my hobby.  I've really been wanting some of this twine and I've discovered a way to make some myself.  I took ecru colored twine and turned it into what you see in the picture above using my Copics.  I took a three inch wide plastic ruler and covered it with a paper towel to protect it from staining.  Then I wrapped the twine around the ruler and colored diagonal stripes onto it.  Instant colored twine and so much cheaper.  You could make it match just about any paper you had with the right color markers.  I was happy with how it turned out.  I've used my Copics to color flowers, pearls and brads so figured it was worth a try.  It's a darn good thing I saved money on this project because on Thursday I'm going to a scrapbooking expo and I'm spending.  I'm going to enjoy some time with my favorite aunt who is attending with me.  We always have so much fun together.  I'm also celebrating.  The first step of our house selling journey is over.  We got an offer on the house and accepted it.  Now we just have to worry about appraisals, inspections, packing and whatever else comes along.

5 comments:

Stef H said...

woooooooo hoooooo on the house offer!!! will you ever tell me where you're going????

the twine is GENIUS!!!! love, love, love it!

hugs :)

June Houck said...

You are brilliant! TFS!!!

4kids4 said...

Such a great idea! Good luck with the house and the move!! :-)

~Sharon C.

shelly said...

how clever!

A Little Time said...

You are a genius!