This week's cut at BBTB2 was chosen by our fabulous DT member Carole. She's fantastic and I get so much inspiration from her designs. Carole asked us to use the cake on page 99 of the Celebrations cartridge manual. I used my Gypsy to attach the cake cut to a rectangle for a stand up shape card. I cut the base from kraft cardstock, used a darker brown for the cake stand and the patterned cake paper was printed with my Cricut Imagine Best Friends cartridge. I loved the stripes on the paper and thought it looked like cake layers. Making this card reminded me of when I used to decorate cakes years ago and making the sugar roses to go on the top of the cake. In this case, I used paper roses. I cut the word celebrate using the Wild card cartridge.

7 comments:
Jeri...I love your card. I must remember to keep welding cards on my Gypsy...but I get in a hurry. LOVE those paper roses.
Hugs
Carole
SWEET!!!! Love the papers and those roses top it off beautifully! xxD
Great cake! Love the paper and beautiful flowers!
Beautiful!!! Love the stripes! :)
very pretty card :-)
Beautiful card! Love those paper flowers, TFS. I am passing on the Cricut-tastic Award to you! You can pick it up here - http://craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com/2011/05/busy-bee-busy-me.html :)
hugs, Jenn
I simply LOVE those paper roses. I have to figure out how to make those. I like how you put it on a stand and made it a shaped card.
Post a Comment