This post will stay at the top until after Memorial Day in honor of my military son and all the wonderful men and women serving our country in the military. God Bless them All and their Families.
I came across a new challenge blog today called Creative Cutter Room. They have a challenge just posted for a Memorial Day project to honor our vets. It was just the incentive I needed to get a layout done for my son's Marine Corp album. I'm very proud of my son's duty to his country and his choice to enter the Marines. These photos were taken at his graduation from boot camp on Parris Island, South Carolina in 2004. The pomp and circumstance was awe inspiring and a true time to reflect on his honor, citizenship, courage, bravery and commitment. He is my HERO.
The element I'm most proud of on this second page is the picture of my son that I edited in Photoshop to place atop the American flag that I cut from the Stand and Salute cartridge.
I've had Photoshop for a couple of years and have yet to learn much about it. To get this look I took a photo and selected Filter, then Sketch, then Stamp and printed it on vellum. I was quite proud of myself when it was finished. Here is a close up shot of the element. That's MY BOY.
My American flag was cut at 6" and the My Hero cut at 2.75". As you enjoy the Memorial Day weekend this year I hope that you'll take a few moments to reflect on the sacrifices of the men and woman of our country's great military and their families. I'm also entering this layout in The Kraft Journal Stand and Salute challenge and Crazy About Cricut Thankful Thursday challenge. You can click on the links to check out their challenges.
14 comments:
Beautiful and patriotic lo! Thank you for your son's service!!! I have two soldiers myself and they are my hero's too. All our soldiers are my hero's as they are just so awesome!
Wonderful lay-out! Thank you to your Son! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri
Absolutely Amazing! Love how you captured the sentiment! Thank you for your bravery and thank your son for his service. I think he is a hero and an inspiration for serving his country and a credit to you. I am so glad you shared this in the Creative Cutter Room-hugs Cathie
Wow, beautiful job. Great element of your son printed on vellum, now who do I know with PS so I can do that? My father retired from the military AF and I'd like to do a page like this.
What a great layout! I love it! You put a lot of detail on your layout. Thanks for joining us for the Thankful Thursday challenge.
Sandra
sweetpeascards.blogspot.com
What a cool thing you did with your son's picture. It looks awesome. I'm your newest follower.
Shery
This is a beautifully composed layout honoring your son's service! Thank yu for joining us at The Kraft Journal for our Stand and Salute Challenge!
What a gorgeous tribute layout to your dear son! Those photos are just priceless. I adore the photoshop technique you did with the flag and the stamp photo. Looks amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal.
omgoodness jeri! this is absolutely fantabulous! i come from a marine family, so i definitely relate. i'm sure he's very proud of all you've done in making these fabulous memories!
woooo hoo on the PSE too. got to try that one.
hugs :)
There are hardly any words to express this beautiful tribute... Thanks for posting this fabulous creation.
Hugs
Carole
This LO is awesome and what a wonderful way to honor your son! I love how you used your photoshop and all the details and pictures are great! Thanks for sharing it with us at Thankful Thursday!
Amber
my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com
What an amazing layout honoring your son! It's obvious how proud you are of him :) Great use of photoshop and I love how you did the title too! Thanks for playing along with us for Thankful Thursday at Crazy about Cricut!
♥ Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com
Thanks for celebrating our Military and thank you for your sons service to our country you should be very proud of him as I see you are.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/
Amazing layout! How proud you must be! Thank you to your son and others for their service to this great country. xxD
Post a Comment