I was dying to make something using my new DCWV paper stack called Lemon Flower. It seems to be popular with quite a few people because I've seen it on lots of blogs. In fact, I made this card for a challenge going on over at My Creative Time and Emma used the same stack for her cute little snail card. The challenge calls for use of an older cartridge and the colors green and yellow. I used my Gypsy and the Walk In My Garden cartridge for the flower pot and flowers. I used two flower pot shadows, flipping one and welding it at the bottom. I folded it in the center and stitched around the edges leaving the top open. Then I used the border feature for the bottom row of flowers and welded two single flowers to the top to make a cluster of five. I then welded a rectangle from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge so I could slide it into the flower pot. I cut the welded flowers and rectangle from white cardstock and then I deleted the rectangle and cut the flowers again from yellow and then cut five individual flowers so I could do some layering with pop dots.
I added small green buttons to the center of each flower and embellished the pot with a gingham checked ribbon and a punched tag. My inside sentiment was done on my computer.
11 comments:
Beautiful card, Love it!
What a cute card - so springy!
Very nice card. Love the paper!
Sherrie K
Love this! So cute :)
o i just love this card and have been dying to make one. call me scardy cat - lol.
thank you so much for the birthday wishes. you definitely made my day!
believe me, i am a basket case WITHOUT my computer! i sooooooooo need a laptop!
have a fabulous weekend.
hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)
So pretty! I have always wanted to make one, I really need to put it on the top of my list!
Very pretty! :-)
Wow! I have to use my gypsy more creatively...thanks for the inspiration
WOW!!! Your card came out just PERFECT!!!! Thank you for playing along my friend!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)
Great job on the flower pot. I love these I made on awhile back yours looks better made than mine. Good luck with the challenge.
Victoria :)
This is beautiful. I just LOVE those gorgeous flowers in the flower pot. The buttons, bow and stitching are the perfect touches. I LOVE this! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora
Post a Comment