Saturday, February 13, 2016

Paper Sweeties February 2016 Release Sneak Peeks


Hello Paper Sweeties fans and welcome to the first day of inspiration from the Paper Sweeties Design Team for this month's release Thinking of You. This set includes two different flower stamps, a leaf stamp, a label stamp and 18 sentiments that can be mixed and matched. There are four dies in the coordinating Sweet Cuts.  I made a simple shaker card for today's project. I decided to be different and go with a square card today. I used the Thinking of You Sweet Cuts die to cut the shape from the front of the card. Next I did the same with two layers of fun foam and added them behind the cardstock front along with a piece of clear acetate. I prefer this fun foam technique for my shaker cards, rather than trimming dimensional foam to go around the shape. The fun foam gives it a more uniform look and prevents the card from getting ruined if you are going to mail it. I put some yellow and blue sequins from the Paper Sweeties Tutti Fruiti pack into the shaker. Lastly, I added the sentiment to the top of the shaker element. I put the stamps on my acrylic block and formed them to go around the curves of the opening. I hope you'll hop along and let the designers know how much you love their projects. The list is below for your convenience.

Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties

8 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Jeri - love how you used the new Thinking of You sweet cuts to make a shaker card!!

Michelle said...

Ooooh! Such a sweet shaker card! Love the way you positioned the sentiment!

Maria said...

Lovely shaker card with the pretty posies!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeri your shaker card is so beautiful! Love it!!!

Nance said...

Great idea, Jeri! Love the label turned shaker! Very pretty!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a great idea for a shaker card!!! This is so pretty!

The Craft Princess said...

I really love your card.....it is simple, but it's not. I really love shaker cards and never thought of doing one clean and simple....but it's a great look :) Hugs...Janie

Mynn xx said...

Such a fun shaker card! I LOVE the color combo you chose, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx