Monday, September 10, 2012

BBTB2 Honoring our Serviceman 9/11 Tribute

This week at BBTB2 our Design Team sister Brenda asked the Team to create a project to honor our Servicemen as a tribute and remembrance of 9/11.  I know that Brenda has a son serving our country in the military and I have a son who is a U.S. Marine.  I'm very proud of him and proud to say he is my Hero.  I made a card similar to this in the past and it was one of my most favorite cards that I ever designed.  So I decided to use the same basic theme and change it up a little.  The silhouette on this card was made in Photoshop Elements and it's an actual photo of my son on the day he graduated from Basic Training.  I started with a standard A2 card then topped it with the American flag from the Stand and Salute cartridge.  I added a yellow ribbon on the blue of the flag that was also cut from Stand and Salute. Next I printed the image of my son onto vellum and cut it to fit over the top of the flag. I attached the vellum to the flag with brads in each corner. Finally, I cut the sentiment and place it over the top of the yellow ribbon onto the vellum. 



I hope that you will take a moment today to reflect on the freedoms we are allowed in the United States and how they come to us at a great sacrifice of lives by many brave young men and woman.  We should all stand proud and Support our Troops until they can return safely to their families.  I thank you for allowing me a little brag time to honor my son.  I hope you can join our BBTB2 challenge this week and show your support.

11 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeri, this card has so many levels of WOW, 1, that it is a pic of your son, that it is printed on Velum, that great background, this is a true gem. hugs

Carole Beath said...

Wow. As Sandi says, so many levels of WOW. A wonderful card.
Hugs
Carole

snappy scrappy said...

Neat card!!! Lee-Ann :)

Sherry said...

What an amazing card. That is such a neat idea to use the picture of your son on vellum over top of the card base. I love that idea. Tell your son that I said thank you for what he is doing for our country.
God Bless
Sherry

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow!! This card is amazing on so many levels Jeri! I so love, love that you used a pic of your son to make the silhouette!! How fabulous is that?! I need to learn how to do that cause that is just so darn awesome!! Of course the flag behind your son's silhouette is perfect as is the yellow ribbon that we mother's have used for when our son's are deployed. I am so happy that our soldiers have the American people's support, this hasn't always been the case durning war times. Thank you so much Jeri for making this challenge very special for me. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. To have your son's picture on it is so touching. Each detail is just perfect.

Migdalia said...

Absolutely AMAZING!!Lovely Photo...just lovely!!TFS
Migdalia

DonnaMundinger said...

This card gave me shivers the moment I saw it. So beautifully designed. And now that I know the story, it's brought tears to my eyes. This is beyond fabulous, Jeri! xxD

Sharon said...

WOW Jeri!!!! This is most awesome!!! WOW!!!! I love it! I don't think any other card can hold a candle to this one!! WOW!!!!!! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Jeri this is such an awesome card. Love the way it looks. You must be very proud of your son and his service. :)

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Jri

OMG this card is awesome, I absolutely love it...this card just rocked this challenge...

Hugs
Penny