Friday, September 21, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps Bling it up

It's time for a new challenge using Cardz TV Stamps.  Mary asked the team to make a card with lots of bling this week using any stamp set and any theme.  I'm awfully disappointed in how this card photographed.  It is way more blingy in person, so I must apologize.  My ghost is made from glitter paper, my orange gems are really sparkly and I added a glittered star brad in the center of the Bingo card.

I'm excited to be using Mary's newest stamp set for Halloween called Oct 31st.  Isn't that Bingo card just fabulous.  It's part of this new stamp set along with the Ghostly Greetings sentiment in the bottom left corner.  I'm also excited that I got to use my new Cricut Lite Trick or Treat cartridge.  This is such a fun cartridge.  I love it and you'll be seeing a few more Halloween cards that I made with it coming up in future posts.  I'm trying to get all my grandkid's cards made before we start our travel south to move to our new winter home in Florida.  In fact, this is one of the last cards I made before packing up all my craft stuff to go into the moving truck.  I'm going to have huge separation anxiety.  I won't be able to create any more cards until we arrive down in Florida sometime in the first week of October.  Then I will be busy unpacking and getting my new home in order for awhile.  I'm very excited and will share more about this in later posts. 

This is a standard A2 card from black cardstock.  I cut my orange polka dot paper (Bazzill) with a zigzag edge from the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge.  I cut a second zigzag piece from black cardstock to mat my Bingo card on.  The glitter paper that I used for my ghost is Recollections Specialty paper from Michael's.  This paper is super thick so I cut it with the multi cut setting on my Cricut set at 3 and it came out perfect.  I put my ghost on an Action Wobble to give it some movement.  My two granddaughters love when I send the cards "that move". 
I was able to catch the action in this photo using the sports action setting on my camera.  I had to ask hubby how to use this feature because I'm such a technical dunce.  I really need to take a photography class.  Of course, if I did that I'd probably want to buy a fancy camera which would just be harder to learn about.  On the inside of the card I used another sentiment from this new stamp set.

Last, but not least I've added a photo of the new stamp set so you can see all the wonderful sentiments included with this new set.  I know you'll want to head right over to Cardz TV Stamps to order your set to get those Halloween cards made here.  Just click the link and head right on over.

I hope you'll be able to play along with our Blingy challenge this week.  This challenge will run from September 21-September 27 and you can link your card up at Cardz TV.  Entering the challenge gives you a chance to win Cardz TV Stamps. 

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it! Seriously so stinkin' fabulous! I am sure I will be casein' this adorable card :)

~ Jo ~ said...

Jeri I adore this card! That ghost is soooo cool and glittery and I love that bingo card that you used! Super cute!

hugs,
Jo-DT sister

mum of two said...

Love it Jeri! I adore how you used the Bingo stamp, and you guys are all going to make me buy that new Trick or Treat cartridge :)

Michelle - DT sister
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

I can't wait to use this set! Such a cute card!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
Cathy - Cardztv DT Sister

girlia said...

Great job Jeri

Jennifer said...

Such a cute card!!!
Jennifer DT Sister

Sharon said...

I so love your glittery ghost!!! He's perfect! And the gems and that great glitter star are great on the bingo card! Loving your card!! And the perfect finishing touch is that he wobbles!!! :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

So cute! I love the glittery ghost! I love that he's on an Action Wobble! The matting looks awesome!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura (DT Sister)

Anonymous said...

Love all the glitter and the layout on this card! XOXO, Julie. :0)

DT Sister

Brenda said...

Love this card Jeri! The glitter and sparkle are awesome, love the little ghost and the bingo card!

Lizzie Laine said...

Geri,
I love your blinged up, wobbly ghost! Such a great card! Hope your move goes well!