Sunday, September 30, 2012
The Cutting Cafe Map Shaped Card
This week at The Cutting Cafe Blog Regina told the DT we could create with any file we wanted. I was so excited and knew just what I would do for this challenge. Right now, if everything is going according to plan, as you're reading this my husband and I are driving a U-Haul truck from Michigan to Florida with our belongings to our new winter home. I'm so excited and can't wait to get there and get our household set up. In the next week or so I'll be sharing some photos and news of our move. But today, I'm going to show you the card I made to send to a family member to announce our move. I used The Cutting Cafe's Map Shaped Card and I just think this turned out so darn cute. I cut the shaped card from kraft cardstock and the top piece from the Simple Stories Take a Hike 6x6 paper stack. The banner is cut from the same stack. I added a tiger's eye brad to approximate the places we live in each state and stretched a piece of brown jute between them. Then I computer generated the We've Moved sentiment and cut it into an arrow shape to point towards Florida. Once we arrive in Florida, get settled in a bit and I can go to my favorite scrapbook store (which is only two miles from where we live) I'll be picking up some kind of map paper and making a few more of these cards because it was so quick to put together. It will be a great way to give everyone our new address.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is just fabulous Jeri!!! I love it!! The shape is wonderful! Just perfect for a We've Moved card! I love that bg paper. The brads with the jute was a great idea. And I just love the little banner. Y'all have a safe trip. Looking forward to seeing photos and hearing about your move!! :)
Very nice. Love it.
Great card...love the brads! Lee-Ann :)
wow wow wow wow....what an awesome idea, an awesome card...love this...and i am praying that you alls move goes smoothly...hugs
Welcome to Florida I have lived her for 35 years
and I love it.I love your card very cute. Good luck with the move a lot of work but worth it
Post a Comment