Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Rainboots

Woo Hoo!!! What an exciting day for me.  I'm blessed to be returning to The Cutting Cafe Design Team and this is my first design for this term.  Thank you Miss Regina for having me back.  Regina asked the Team to create using the Rainboots Shaped Card Template and Cutting File.  This set comes with the shaped boot card which is approximately 4 x5", a matching envelope and 7 sentiments.  Who wouldn't love a pair of polka dot boots?  I used My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary-Jack and Jill 6 x 6" paper pad to make my boots.  The thing I like best about designing with Cutting Cafe files is how you can put so many different elements from other sets together.  This set will coordinate with the Rain Rain Go Away Printable Stamp Set and I also used the Bow Tie and Ribbon Template cutting file to add the cute little bow on my boots.  I printed my sentiment and punched it out with a circle punch then went to my Cricut machine to find an umbrella to fit under the sentiment.  I found it on the Create A Critter cartridge.  I also cut a scalloped circle from the Mini Monograms cartridge to place the circle sentiment on, added a little doodling with my Signo white gel pen and placed it onto the boots.  I added a bit of a stitching line with the gel pen onto the sole of the boots and I was done.  Quick, easy and adorable!  Now if only I could make myself a pair of boots that looked just like these to wear on my feet.

6 comments:

Regina Easter said...

ack ack ack...........I LOVE THESE and the bow just set these off...WELCOME TO THE TEAM GIRL...hugs

Tee said...

Your boots are soooo cute!!! I so need to get that bow!

Kerys said...

These are just too cute! I love the polka dots and the bows are perfect! :-)

DebC said...

Love the boots! The sentiment is so cute as well. Glad to be a part of the team.
Deb C
bugjuiced

Lorie said...

All I can say about those boots are CUTE! I'm excited to be on the DT with you!

Lezlye said...

Pretty boots Jeri!