Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Chevrons

This week at The Cutting Cafe the DT is featuring projects with chevrons.  Regina has several chevron backgrounds to choose from.  I used the Chevron Fall Background Printable which comes with the multi-colored print I used and 19 others in two sizes 4.5 x 6" and 8.5 x 10" so you can use them on cards or scrapbook layouts.  There are two other chevron sets at The Cutting Cafe--School Background Chevrons and a Chevron Background Cutting file in both a card size or layout size.  I wanted to show how you can use The Cutting Cafe files along with papers from other brands.  On this card I combined the chevron with a small printed paper from Simple Stories.  I absolutely adore Simple Stories 6x6 paper pads because they come with some great elements for cardmaking or they're great for journaling books such as Smash books.  I simply added the chevron on the bottom and the print paper on top and placed a ribbon where they meet.  Then I took one of the design elements from the stack (the little label) and stamped the word FALL on it which came from the Cardz TV Stamp set Thankful for You.  In just a matter of minutes I had a finished card.  One of the best things about The Cutting Cafe's printables and templates is Regina is always on trend and chevrons are hot right now in the design world.  So head on over to the Cafe to pick up any or all of these files to use on your creations.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Love this fall card Jeri! I also love the different colors of the chevron. I'm not usually a big fan of chevron, even though I know it's all the rage right now, but I love this!! You must be changing my mind about how I feel about chevron. lol

Tee said...

Your card is beautiful. I love all the fall colors.... I had no idea what to do with this file but now you have inspired me.... eeekk, cute cute cute.

Regina Easter said...

this card is so soft and beautiful, it so gets me in the fall mood...i simply love it...

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Love your card, the colors are perfect for fall, fabulous......

Hugs
Penny

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is fab..Love all the beautiful colors that go perfect with your creation:) Krista

Laura Love said...

This is such a pretty Fall card! Love the colors and those papers match perfectly with the chevrons!

Leslie said...

Beautiful Fall card.

Lezlye said...

Love the Colors, I chose this one too!