Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Acorn Shaped Card

For my Cutting Cafe project this week I'm featuring the Acorn Shaped Card.  This set comes with the acorn shaped card, top, bottom and six sentiments in brown or black.  I needed to make an anniversary card for hubby and thought he'd get a kick out of this.  I cut my base card from kraft cardstock.  My acorn top is Bo Bunny Double Dot and the bottom is Simple Stories Harvest Lane.  I cut my squirrel from the Cricut Animal Kingdom cartridge.  Since this is a guy card the only embellishment I added was a simple bow from brown polka dot ribbon.  I did have the strangest thing happen after adding my stitching lines with my Signo white gel pen.  When I picked up the card to put it into an envelope I noticed that my nice white stitching lines had turned pink.  I never had that happen before and don't know why.  Has anyone ever had a similar experience?  Glad I took my photo before that happened.  Thanks for stopping by today and you can see the rest of the DT projects for this week on Wednesday on The Cutting Cafe Blog.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeri this is a precious card, love that squirrel with his bushy tail and fat little cheeks, love the acorn shaped card, hugs

Regina Easter said...

oh Jeri, wow wow wow....everyone is just doing a fantastic job on this acorn....i love love love your take this week...hugs

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, this card is just plain adorable! I love the acorn shaped card and the cute squirrel is too cute, love the papers you chose too-they just couldn't be any cuter on this card. Happy Anniversary!! Hugs!

Laura Love said...

This is the CUTEST! I love your paper choice and that little squirrel is perfect! Great ribbon too!

Maria Matter said...

beyond adorable!