This week at BBTB2 we're featuring cards made with nature cuts of things that fly. That means you can use any Cricut cartridge to cut anything that you would see flying in nature--birds, bees, butterflies, etc. I used a bird that I cut from the Gypsy Font cartridge. I used patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary Jack and Jill 6x6 paper stack. I love the bright, fun, happy colors in this stack. They just make me smile. I cut the flower border from one of the papers and added it to my blue background paper with a small red strip behind the top of the flowers so they would pop out more. Then I cut an envelope from the Don Juan cartridge. All the papers in this stack are double-sided which worked to my advantage when I cut the envelope so the green print is on the outside and the stripe is on the inside of the envelope. I tied a piece of twine around the envelope before attaching it to my card. Then I cut my birds in assorted sizes and papers to come flying out of the envelope. My sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps Ticket Talk stamp set and stamped with Momento Ink in red. I cut a scalloped circle from Mini Monograms and attached the sentiment then added some doodling around the edges with my Signo white gel pen.
14 comments:
Jeri what a cute little miss you card, love all the different patterned birdies and that baker's twine is a perfect add-on, hugs
This is so pretty jeri.Love all the birds coming out of the envelope..so effective.
jayne x
Oh I just love this, Jeri! Adorable idea having the birds flying out of the envie like that. Just fabulous! xxD
So cute. Love your cute birds coming out of the envelope.
Oh Jeri what an adorable miss you card! I love all the little birds you have flying out of the envelope and love how you have used the flower border. Gorgeous card!
Hugs
Juliexx
I love those darling little birdies.... and I didn't know that envelope was on Don Juan (a cart I use a lot for letterings)... Love your card.
Carole
So sweet! Love the little birdies.
OMGoodness, how cute is this card Jeri! I love the envie with the birds flying out of it! The papers you used are fabulous! I didn't even realize there was a little bird on the font cart! lol Well done Jeri! Hugs!!
Sweet. Love the envelope of birds!
So Cute! Love the envelope with the pretty little birdies flying out! Great papers!
Glenda
Oh MY! how fun and colorful..This makes me happy..would love to receive a card full of beautiful real...birds...I will take a bird in every color:) Krista
This is so adorable I just love all the birds flying out of the box great DP papers .
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
oh this is such a cute design, love the birds!!!
What an adorable card, I love all the little birds,sooo cute!
Hugs
Penny
Post a Comment