Monday, October 8, 2012

BBTB2 It's Pumpkin Time (but not for Halloween)

I was so excited when I found out our challenge for this week at BBTB2.  Our wonderful DT Sister, Glenda, asked the Team to create using a pumpkin.  The catch is it can't be a Halloween project.  Now, why was this so exciting for me.  I DO NOT like Halloween.  Gasp and shudder.  I think it stems from the fact that I had to come up with Halloween costumes for five children.  Now that is a real gasp and shudder!  To me pumpkins mean the fall harvest and the wonderful colors of the season.  I've always been fond of the taller, skinnier pumpkin and I found this one on the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  The smaller pumpkins came from Celebrate with a Flourish.  I used my new 6x6 Bo Bunny Double Dot paper pad for my pumpkin cuts.  I placed the pumpkins on a decorative square I cut from Elegant Edges.  My sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps Thankful forYou stamp set.  Be sure to check the amazing designs from the rest of the DT for your pumpkin inspiration then play along with us.

14 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeri, what a classy design, love the sentiment too, hugs

Carole Beath said...

I love this card.... I love tall skinny pumpkins big time.
Carole

Migdalia said...

A wonderful card..just lovely!Love it!
Migdalia

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous card! Lee-Ann :)

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh my gosh your card is just beautiful! I love the pumpkins. TFS AJ-

Susan Edwards said...

I really like this wonderful card. The sentiment is so cute with the gathered pumpkins!! Wonderful pumpkin project!!

Susan

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Jeri! I love that plaid paper you used for the background and the double dot paper for the pumpkins. I love the tall pumpkins too as well as the nice round ones. lol I love Halloween but when I got my 6 kids ready they mostly picked out their own costumes. I just had to be able to pull it together. lol Love, love the sentiment my friend. Enjoy the fall!!!

Anonymous said...

I love those tall skinny pumpkins. Great background paper and love the sentiment.

DonnaMundinger said...

Love this Jeri! The plaid is great and it almost has an American Primitive look to it. xxD

Jayne said...

Great card Jeri.Love the tall pumpkin.
Jayne x

Busy Bucharoo said...

Love the sentiment. Great pumpkins too!

Glenda said...

Beautiful card Jeri! Love your tall skinny pumpkins! Wonderful background papers! Glad you liked the challenge and could participate!
Glenda

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great fall card and I love the variety of pumpkins. Great sentiment too.

Tangle said...

Super cute! love the pumpkin vignette and your darling little acorn embellishment.

-Rebekah