Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Tea Bag Holder


This week at The Cutting Cafe Regina asked the DT to design a project using the Tea Bag Holder, Hot Cocoa Holder or the Shaped Christmas Card Set.  As you can see I decided to make the teabag holder.  I used an very old K&Company paper for my holder.  This is one of those paper packs that I held onto for so long because the papers were so beautiful I just liked to look at them.  I'm over that now, as I decided my paper collection had become way too big and I needed to start using it up.  I simply printed the holder onto my patterned paper then cut it out, assembled it and then embellished.  First I added a ribbon around the whole holder to tie it together and keep it from opening.  Next I cut a teacup out from the Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge from a coordinating patterned paper and added little lace to the top of the cup.  I placed it on top of a crocheted doily made by We R Memory Keepers.  For a final touch I added a tiny tag I cut with Cricut's Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge.  My sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps Brew Ha Ha stamp set.  You can see from the photo below how the teabags fit into the holder.  I'll be giving these holders to friends with mini loaves of pumpkin bread. 
Last year I made the Hot Cocoa Holder to give to friend's at Christmas.  Here's a look at what they looked like.



3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

These are so pretty! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

These little tea/hot chocolate holders are so cute Jeri!! I love this idea and it makes such a nice gift for someone especially with the homemade breads!

Regina Easter said...

what a soft sweet project...love it jeri