This week at
The Cutting Cafe Blog the DT is featuring breast cancer awareness projects. Many of you may know that I am a breast cancer survivor. I never pass up the chance to encourage getting a mammogram. I am living proof that early detection saves lives. I found out I had cancer when getting my very first mammogram. My tumor was buried deep and the doctors told me it would have been a long time before I was able to feel it with a self-exam. Perhaps, by the time I was able to feel it my outcome might not have been a good one. I also want to mention that no one should think they are safe from this disease like I did because no one in my family had ever had breast cancer. I also had the thought that I was protected because I breast fed five babies. Neither of these mattered in my case. So I urge you to go for a mammogram. The discomfort of a mammogram is nothing compared to what you'll go through if you're diagnosed with cancer. Enough preaching for now.
I used the
Breast Cancer T-Shirt Printable set for my card. I simply printed it out, cut it, and folded it on the score line. The only extra I added was the pink ribbon that I cut with my Cricut Stand and Salute cartridge then embellished with a pink rhinestone. Super simple and quick! You could easily make up a bunch of these to send to friends or family members as a reminder for them to get a mammogram.
If you like this little T-shirt card but would like some with a Halloween theme so you can whip up some quick and easy Halloween cards, Regina has another fabulous set that would be perfect called, what else,
Halloween T-Shirt Printable set and you can find it
here.
3 comments:
Such an adorable shaped card. Great Job on this Jeri.
This is another fabulous breast cancer card Jeri! What a great way to remind loved ones how important it is to get those mamograms! So simple but speaks volumns and looks like it would be so easy to mass produce!!
perfect simply the cutest t-shirt...love it....I hope your all settled in and enjoying Florida..hugs
Post a Comment