Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Creative Time Thursday Challenge

I don't often get the chance to play along with challenges, but I had to make a thank you card for a dear friend. I found a fabulous Designer's challenge issued by Miss Shar going on over at My Creative Time that inspired my card.  If ever you need a little inspiration this is the place to find it.  Emma and her designer's are amazing.  The challenge required three self-made flowers and asked that you use the color palette of yellow, blue and brown.  I used My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Hattie 6x6 paper pad for my patterned papers.  It's been a real struggle for me to create anything since making our move to Florida.  I'm still having a hard time finding my craft supplies and learning to use my Cricut Imagine all over again.  They've been in a storage unit for the last 15 months while hubby and I traveled around in our RV after selling our home.  Now we're just getting settled into a tiny new place that will be our winter home.  It's called a park model RV and it's 500 sq. feet.  We have truly mastered the art of downsizing and couldn't be happier.  We don't miss our 5 bedroom, 2600 sq. ft. home at all.  In fact it's been one of the most liberating experiences ever.  I'll be sharing some pics of the new place in a post on Saturday.

For this card I used the top note shape that came with the machine and the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  I used my favorite quote stamp that I've had in my stash for years and years and I stamped it with Momento brown ink.  My flowers use two layers each.  The center flower has layers cut at 1" and 1.3".  The two smaller flowers are .80 and 1" layers.  The leaves were also cut from the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  After cutting the leaves I used my bone folder to put a crease in the center, cutting each section into the center of the leaf to separate them a little and then I accordian folded each leaf to add a little dimension.  I used some sparkly Twinkle Goosebumps embellishments for the flower centers.  They're made by Queen & Co.   Now I've got to quickly get this into an envelope to mail before hubby leaves for a trip to the post office.  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

What a lovely card. And I just love the Twinkle Goosebumps!!! I just found those as well!!! Great job. And thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer's Challenge :)

~ Cassandra

Anonymous said...

How fun to travel with the hubs. I know how ya feel about adjusting to a move. We are a military Family and we move every 2-3 years. Your card is so pretty. I have never heard of twinkle goosebumps.. ill have to look for it. Thanks for playing along with us in the MCT designer challenge

;D Micia

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with your BEAUTIFUL card!Those flowers are perfect,Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time /Designer Challenge!!!:)

Cheryl W. said...

Very pretty card - love the flowers and the sentiment. I'd love to see some pics of your new 500 sq. ft. abode. I can remember our motorhome from years ago and it was so great because it took just 15 minutes to clean the whole thing!

Kim H said...

Jeri ~ this is just GORGEOUS! I LOVE your flowers! BEAUTIFUL!!! Well you captured the colored combination just PERFECTLY!!
I must say I am in AWE of you and your hubs! Downsizing to 500 square feet from the 5 bedroom ~ my hats are off to you! So funny becasue the more space we have the more stuff and clutter that come with it! BRAVO!!
Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Desigenrs Color Challenge!!