Friday, October 19, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps Fall Fun

Time for a new challenge at Cardz TV Stamps.  Mary asked the DT to design a Halloween or Fall project using any of her stamps sets.  I don't really need any more Halloween cards so I decided to make a card to send to my granddaughter using one of Mary's newest sets, Fall Fun.

I thought it would be fun to use my new Cricut Lite Teddy Bear cartridge because I found this cute little bear wearing a sweater and it was perfect for my sentiment.  I know my bear is a little odd in white and black, but there is a reason.  This is the first card that I've been able to make since moving to our new place in Florida.  OMG, I can't find anything.  LOL  When I went to start on this card I realized that I left all my plain colored cardstock back in our camper in Michigan.  Looking for a way to condense some of my supplies I thought it would be easy to replace the plain cardstock when I got here and could buy it on sale at one of the craft stores.  Didn't give it another thought until I went to create this card.  The only colors I had were black, white and kraft cardstock.  Hence, the poor white and black bear.  Then I had trouble getting my Cricut Imagine to work since it's been in a storage unit for over 15 months.  I'm ashamed to say I uttered some bad words during the making of this card.  I was so frustrated between the Cricut machine and not being able to find things I was ready to scream.  The good thing is my granddaughter will never know what a struggle it was to get this card made.  She'll love it. 

Before I get to my card details I want to mention to those of you that have been following my story since last year when hubby and I sold our home and started traveling in our RV, I'm going to be posting about our latest adventure in a post on Saturday.  I will be sharing a little about our travels and some photos of our new winter home.  Hubby and I became experts in living small over the last year and a half out of necessity, being in an RV.  We found we absolutely loved living with less.  To go from living in about 3,000 sq. ft of space to 337 sq. ft. was very interesting.  Our new place is 500 sq. ft.  So for those of you who would be interested in finding out how we could possibly manage in such a little place, come by my blog on Saturday and see for yourself. 

I started with a white cardstock A2 size card.  I'd like to tell you what brand my patterned papers are but I don't remember which paper pad I managed to unbury from a box.  My bear is cut at 3.5" as well as all the layers.  I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of white cardstock and used a 1/2" circle punch on each end.  Then I added two pink buttons (total miracle that I found two that matched).  I added a white pompom to the tip of the bears hat for a fun little touch.  It's such a simple card I can't believe it took me so long to get it done.  I know in time I'll be a little more organized and my mojo will return.  I hope it's soon.  I've got a lot of projects I need to get done.  Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your visit and the comments you leave.   I hope you'll come back on Saturday for my post about our new home.  I'm so very excited to share it with everyone.  It may just give you some ideas for when you retire and want to downsize.

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Jeri this card is simply adorable! I love this little bear in his sweater and hat-love his fuzzy little pompom too. I never even realized he was black and white-I mean I noticed but never thought anything about it. lol He was just so cute. So he can be a panda bear in his sweater, right?! I am looking forward in seeing your post on your new home too! Glad that you are getting settled in my friend. Hugs!

snappy scrappy said...

So cute in pink! Lee-Ann :)

Sherry said...

I never thought anything either about your bear being black and white. I just figured you wanted him to be a panda bear. You did great and thanks for sharing him with all of us.
God Bless
Sherry

Ginger said...

OMG! Your granddaughter will love it!

Hugs,
Ginger
DT Sister

Migdalia said...

Sweet!Adorable!Super Duper Cute!!Love it!!
Migdalia

Cheryl W. said...

Such a cute, fun card. I can't wait for your Saturday post!

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh Jeri this is sooo cute!!!! What an adorable little bear!

Hugs,
Jo-DT Sister

Xonetra said...

wonderful paper and super super bear !

Mimi said...

Oh I love your color and paper choice! Such a cute card!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
Cardztv DT Sister

Lizzie Laine said...

I think your cute little bear looks like a polar bear, he is adorable!
I can't believe you went from 3000 to 300 Sq.Ft. that would be tough for me, although I would love to get rid of a lot of stuff!

Sharon said...

I think your bear is adorable in black and white! Looks like a Panda Bear! Love your card!! :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

Your bear is adorable. Love the pink. Your granddaughter will love it. This is definitely a fun cartridge!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(DT Sister)

Jennifer said...

Adorable card!! CTVSDT