Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cricut Cardz Challenge #119 Let's Hear it for the Girls

It's time for a new challenge at Cricut Cardz.  Mary asked the DT to create a project for breast cancer awareness.  A subject near and dear to me.  I'm a survivor.  I was diagnosed in 2008, had a bilateral mastectomy, treatments and reconstruction so this is one of my favorite sentiments to use on awareness cards.  I used Cindy Loo for my owl, Life is a Beach for my pink bra and Elegant Edges for my scalloped square.  I computer generated my sentiment.  My patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye. 

3 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

I love your sense of humor, Jeri - especially after all you've been through. This card made me laugh, and laughter is such great medicine. Thanks for sharing.

Gail said...

Cute card - so sad women have to lose a part of their body to live when this terrible disease hits them - let's hope and pray a cure is found soon! Have a great week and thanks for sharing your card with humor! Gail
http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

What a fabulous card Jeri for such an important thing! I am so glad that you are a survivor my friend!! This card says it all and lets pray that one day soon there will be a cure so no woman has to lost a part of their body or have a part of their body killing them.