Friday, October 5, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps Buttons and Boos

It's time for a new Cardz TV Stamps challenge and the DT is using Mary's newest stamp set called Oct 31st.  We're making Halloween cards using the new stamp set and had to include buttons on our card.  I used the Cricut Lite Trick or Treat cartridge.  As soon as I saw the Fraidy Cat sentiment in this stamp set I thought it would be perfect to pair with the cat from the October 31 Cricut Cartridge.  Then I saw this Frankenstein peeking around the door from the Trick or Treat cartridge and new it would frame my frightened cat perfectly.  Wouldn't you be afraid if you saw Frankenstein peeking out at you?  I followed the color guidelines in the cutting manual that came with the cartridge.  I also added a googly eye so I could enter my card in the My Creative Time googly eye challenge. My background paper is Cosmo Cricket.  I hand cut the banner for my sentiment.  I had to go buy some buttons for this card.  I have a huge container of buttons, but do you think I could find three black buttons that matched.  Nope, so off to the store I went.  Wait 'til you see all the fabulous cards the DT made for this challenge.  Then I hope you'll be inspired to play along.  This challenge will run from Oct. 5-Oct. 11.  Have FUN!

21 comments:

girlia said...

Jeri what an awesome way to think out of the box. Love Frankenstein peeking out from behind the door. Great job. I think I would be afraid.

DIANA L. said...

Great card Jeri, I love the green and the google eye.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

LOL I am loving this card Jeri! Love the colors you used and I love the googly eye and the "fraidy cat"! I would be just like the cat, so scared my hair would be standing on end! lol

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love the little Frankie! Lee-Ann :)

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

this is so cute! I would love to make one just like yours! I just got that cart in the mail and I cant wait to play with it!

mum of two said...

Love it, what a cute Frankenstein!! I think I may need this cartridge:)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Cassandra said...

He looks gret with just the one googlie eye!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge :)

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness! That Frankenstein and cat are just so very cute!!! Love it! :)

Sarah said...

I really have no words other than I adore how this turned out-- super cute! The one googly eye is crackin' me up!

Leanne said...

I've got this cartridge and have not had time to play with it yet but now you have me itching to use it!! Love the one googly eye AWESOME! Thanks for playing along with us at MCT Designer challenge! Hugs, Leanne

Lizzie Laine said...

Jeri,
You did a great job on your card, love how you added the cat in the window with the perfect sentiment!

Mimi said...

Beautiful card! so many elements I never would have thought of - I love how you went out of the box to create this card.

Cathy, Cardztv DT Sister
www.mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

tracym110 said...

Adorable card! Love the spooky cat and Frankie is too cute! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at My Creative Time!
Tracy

The Queen (Laura) said...

Frankie is adorable! I love the "fraidy cat!" I love the paper you've used! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
CTVS DT Sister

Ginger said...

What a great card!! Love it!
Hugs,
Ginger
DT Sister

~ Jo ~ said...

This is an awesome Halloween card Jeri! I love this, so creepy!

Hugs,
Jo
DT Sister

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT job with your card!looks FANTASTIC,Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

Jennifer said...

Frightfully cute!! DT Sister

Anonymous said...

How cute is this card to make it look like he's peeking??!!! XOXO

Julie DT Sister

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

This is super cute! Great job and thanks for playing along at MCT!

Pam said...

Your card is so cute!
Pam
/scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com