Monday, April 25, 2011

BBTB2 Home Decor Crown

This week's BBTB2 cut was chosen by our fabulously talented DT sister, Julie.  She asked us to use the crown from the Home Decor cartridge.  I kept this one simple because it was going in the mail to my mother-in-law with a gift card enclosed.  I recently had a card returned in the mail and I was afraid it was because it was too thick with layering, so I was careful on this one knowing it was going to have a gift card in it.  I'm so cheap, I hate paying extra postage.  I rarely make square cards anymore if they are going to mailed because I refuse to pay the extra postage.  I know, I'm bad.  Anyway, for my standard A2 card I used black cardstock for the base then used some patterned papers that I had in my scrap bin.  I checked my Gypsy using the keyword queen and found it on the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge.  It actually already had a crown sitting on top of the word but I cut it off and replaced it with the Home Decor crown cutting it from silver cardstock.  My sentiment is computer generated.

8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Love that "Queen" cut Jeri. Does this mean I just might have to turn on my Gypsy and figure it out? LOL Really pretty! xxD

Sharon said...

So so pretty!! Love the colors!! :)

Maria said...

Your Mother-in-law will love it!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Jeri! Very sweet! The crown fits perfect!

A Little Time said...

LOVE the color scheme!! Black, white and pink is one of my favorites. Love this!! I didn't know there was a crown on Wanderings. Very cool!!

**Treefrog** said...

So Pretty, love the colors, you can never go wrong with Pink, White and Black! Your MIL is going to love it and I have to agree with you about the postage thing but I just can't seem to get away with a flat card anymore, I always have to walk my cards into the Post office and the girls there always have to see it before I seal it up, lol! (I live in a really small town, lol) But I usually will send other things with the cards so I don't feel as bad with paying a bit more for the postage!
((Hugs)) Theresa

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jeri I love this card my favourite colour scheme and such a fabulous design, I love the crown on top of the Q, great take on the challenge!
Hugs
Juliexx

Carole Beath said...

All of my cards drip with layers and pop dots and I pay dearly for the postage of mailing. I can't seem to stop. I am addicted. I just had a friend come over to get her gift of 10 freebie cards in my card stash and she was a wise one...she picked cards that were not so layered for those she needed to mail, but for the cards she was going to present in person, she went right for those multi layered bling bling cards. Cracked me up. I love your pink and black card with that gorgeous crown.
Hugs
Carole