We've made it to midweek again and it's time for another Cricut Cardz Challenge. This week I asked the DT to do something different than a card--- a cupcake wrapper or holder for Easter. My cupcake wrapper came from the Easter 2010 cartridge and it's cut at 3" from Bazzill Basics dotted cardstock. Then I used the Simply Charmed cartridge to make the little bunny on a stick. It's cut at 4" from textured cardstock. I actually cut two and flipped one so I could insert the stick between them. Okay, I'll admit I cheated. I did not make this cupcake. I bought it from a local cupcake store that just opened up a short time ago called Just Baked. The cupcake was called Snowball. It's a chocolate cupcake with a cream center, buttercream frosting, sprinkled with pink coconut. And yes, I did it...I ate the cupcake and it was super delicious. Every single calorie!!! But, it let's you know that even if you are a non-baker, you can purchase cupcakes and make the wrappers yourself. I've gotten lazy in my old age and try to cook and bake as seldom as possible. It gives me more time in my craft room. LOL
7 comments:
This is super cute, and I don't think it's cheating to buy the cupcake (I'm buying more too), I believe it is called "being efficient." Our Wegman's grocery store has the prettiest cupcakes, so I think it is a wonderful idea to purchase a pretty cupcake to go with a pretty cupcake wrapper and topper?
Ditto what June said. LOVE your project and that bunny cut is one of my favs for Easter!
I love your way of baking!!
Your cupcake holder is adorable, lovin that bunny!!
Oh this is the cutest sweetie ...love it! I have that cart but never done a wrapper...I must do one! Hugs xx
Awesome cupcake wrapper and sweet little bunny! Cupcake looks yummy and I would have eaten it, too!! :)
So cute!! Thanks for sharing!
Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com
jeri this was a fun challenge :) your cupcake looks yummy! ( im dreaming of its coconutty goodness,my fave topping..if only i could....) your lil bunny is cute.
Post a Comment